CBR1100XX.org Forum

pc2 on a 2002

cbrxxquad

Nope.

P/C 2 was only for 99 & 00.

Dynojet also said they are no longer supporting the P/C 2 in any way. Which means no repairs. :icon_wall:

Wrong.

A PCII will work on a 2002. I have one mounted on my 2002.

I use the timing retard feature that is not present on a PCIII.

Now how well it works on the fuel system is up for discussion. I never tried changing fuel delivery since I do that with the PCIII.

Wrong.

A PCII will work on a 2002. I have one mounted on my 2002.

I use the timing retard feature that is not present on a PCIII.

Now how well it works on the fuel system is up for discussion. I never tried changing fuel delivery since I do that with the PCIII.

Interesting.........I was just going by what Dynojet says.

Thought that some were using them in series to do the ign, and dynojet is very vauge on the useage on 2001 also. The way they listed which to use, as well as their customer service on programs and files, pretty lacking.

I may see what it does on mine after a while anyway just to know.

Thanks for the confirmation xx4me

Have you looked at the PC3 EX?

It is supposed to be able to control fuel and ignition timing.

I would'nt be so sure of that, the EX is just a revision of the old PCIII, only difference is it is 50 state legal (cali approved) via a special chip set designed to revert back to the stock ECU under "normal" operation. The old PCIII will not adjust ignition I would not expect the EX too either.

Stan,

If you get good results from the PCII on your 2001 bird please let me know. I have been looking at Power Commanders to run on my 2001 with Migs.

Thanks,

Stan,

If you get good results from the PCII on your 2001 bird please let me know. I have been looking at Power Commanders to run on my 2001 with Migs.

Thanks,

PCII will work fine on an '01, matter of fact it's the model Dynojet used to specify for that year. I ran one for a couple years, no issues. I believe they went to the PCIII in '02 due to changes in the ECU.

Stan,

Thanks,

PCII will work fine on an '01, matter of fact it's the model Dynojet used to specify for that year. I ran one for a couple years, no issues. I believe they went to the PCIII in '02 due to changes in the ECU.

I just changed my 00 wiring to 02 wiring and it required changing the pgm-fi as they are different numbers. Quite a lot of changes. I am planing on writing a sheet to document in case any want to get rid of the wire loom grimlens from the test connections.

A few of the notables, no baro on the 2002, and the fuel gauge is different in that the plug from the gauge has only two wires not three like the 99 00. The third wire was for low level indication. I was able to cut the third wire off the plug with a drimel cutter and it pluged in fine and works perfect, and the digital gauges work perfect without a soft glow to the fi light it had.

The AFRs are near perfect now and seems to run much better. Almost always 14 unless hard axcell and then only down to high 12's.

With dyno jet showing different numbers for 01 and 02 pc2's not going to try it on the bike.

Dean, can you see which pc2 you have. I am not sure if there is a number on them, but will look and see on mine as it is out.. If yours is packed don't go to any trouble.

Tim, works fine, and you can make a program if you have a AFR. But hard to know without it..