CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hyperpro shock install Part 2!!

BlueBlackBird

Ill install the spring the way it fits over the plastic collar, so be it, NOW my next question, the manual says to have spring preload set at 10mm(+/-1), to me that means measuring the spring unsprung then compressing it 10mm and installing the locking rings, however after making measurements it looks to me that with the 10mm compression the locking rings will be barely on the shock! Am I misinterepreting something incorrectly? So my question is how much does the spring have to be compressed?? Thanks for the replies to part 1.

Ill install the spring the way it fits over the plastic collar, so be it, NOW my next question, the manual says to have spring preload set at 10mm(+/-1), to me that means measuring the spring unsprung then compressing it 10mm and installing the locking rings, however after making measurements it looks to me that with the 10mm compression the locking rings will be barely on the shock! Am I misinterepreting something incorrectly? So my question is how much does the spring have to be compressed?? Thanks for the replies to part 1.

I'd suggest setting your sag according to normal practice. The Hyperpro party line is apparently that sag doesn't matter and you're supposed to use their one size fits all settings, but that's never made any sense to me. It's a spring, and progressive or not it's going to work better in a certain range.