CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hyperpro rear shock spring install !!!

BlueBlackBird

Ok Ive got all the old stuff off, shock , spring and all cleaned up.(Im using stock shock) Im reading the manual that comes with the Hyperpro and it looks as though the progressive(tightly wound) part of the spring should be UP(even the printing of the name(Hyperpro) on the spring would be right side up). However when configured this way the stock plastic protector on the bottom of the shock will not fit through the new spring , but when I reverse the spring , that is to say put the tightly wound part down , the plastic protector slides on nicely. The manual that comes with the hyperoro loses a bit in translation it seems to me. I sure dont want to mount it incorrectly, so all the Europeans can just chime in and help, also the North Americans too!! Thanks in advance

Ok Ive got all the old stuff off, shock , spring and all cleaned up.(Im using stock shock) Im reading the manual that comes with the Hyperpro and it looks as though the progressive(tightly wound) part of the spring should be UP(even the printing of the name(Hyperpro) on the spring would be right side up). However when configured this way the stock plastic protector on the bottom of the shock will not fit through the new spring , but when I reverse the spring , that is to say put the tightly wound part down , the plastic protector slides on nicely. The manual that comes with the hyperoro loses a bit in translation it seems to me. I sure dont want to mount it incorrectly, so all the Europeans can just chime in and help, also the North Americans too!! Thanks in advance

FWIW, the one I installed has the Hyperpro logo upside down......

eerrrr mine is too,

but I do come from down under,

eerrrr mine is too,

but I do come from down under,

And the coils are wound the opposite way :icon_whistle:

I'll go look in a little while, but I vaguely remember coming across the same thing and just installing it the way it fits.