CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chassis setup

cbrxxquad

No offense to you, but I laugh every time I see those "suggested settings". They're going to recommend the same preload settings to everyone reading that, really? The damping setting are almost as subjective. Rider, pace and environment all play a part.... there's just no one right answer. Pretending there is is just stupid.

No offense to you, but I laugh every time I see those "suggested settings". They're going to recommend the same preload settings to everyone reading that, really? The damping setting are almost as subjective. Rider, pace and environment all play a part.... there's just no one right answer. Pretending there is is just stupid.

No offense taken. Guess it's somewhere to start if nothing else.

Well, I start at the middle setting, and see what I think. I have tried it at both ends of the settings, one at a t time, with everything else in the middle. Taught me a lot. All under testing conditions. Makes it easy to learn what you like, and dislike. Being out of town, rural area with lots of straights and some rough roads, and some residential corners to play on corners, and some faster sweepers in the area. KInda like a track.

But, starting in the middle, and having an idea what each does for me and to me, and what I like, I get it where it feels good to me.

I did set up Alans zxx turbo, for me, and it made me want my zxx back. And a turbo.. Have not heard if Alan has rode it or likes it.... but I did.

Have not heard if Alan has rode it or likes it.... but I did.

Oh, baby, have I! :icon_biggrin:

A couple more good rains up here and it's time to ride.

I don't know what is worse, no rain, or weather that is perfect for riding and having to work. Seams like the wind blows on the weekend, only. No it is not what you would call blowing, 30 to 40 with gust to 60 to 80, for days ,,,all day and night. Last year it blew for 3 months straight, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Never less than 20. So this is better, just the weekends. We got all our rain last year in the first three months, almost twice our annual, and then nothing,,,,"0" for the rest of the year. Still nothing.

• 1 year later...