CBR1100XX.org Forum

Is your exhaust too loud?

Last year I bought new a pair of Yoshi slip ons for my bird. They are in beautiful condition, but are a little quiet for me. The burble nicely at idle, but I was looking for something with a little more oomph.

Does anyone have a louder pair of slip-ons they would like to trade? Two brothers would be my preference? Just looking for a straight trade for mutual benefit if we can work it out.

I live on the north side of Cincinnati if anyone is interested.

Dave

Do you have the RS-3 slip-on canisters? Are you at all interested in a Yosh RS-3 / 4-2-1 full system? I also have a dyno produced custom PC-III map for the system with a stock filter. I'm sorta just thinkin out loud here... :icon_rolleyes: I really like the dual look but I love the sound of a single can as she howls through the upper tach ranges... :icon_twisted:

Do you have the RS-3 slip-on canisters? Are you at all interested in a Yosh RS-3 / 4-2-1 full system? I also have a dyno produced custom PC-III map for the system with a stock filter. I'm sorta just thinkin out loud here... :icon_rolleyes: I really like the dual look but I love the sound of a single can as she howls through the upper tach ranges... :icon_twisted:

Sorry I like the dual cans, but I know someone who is looking for a 4-2-1 full system, I will tell him to check here.

Sorry I like the dual cans, but I know someone who is looking for a 4-2-1 full system, I will tell him to check here.

Again...I was just sorta thinking out loud... :icon_rolleyes::icon_biggrin: I could possibly be coerced if a nice and shiny set (no black or carbon) of dual cans was available...

Last year I bought new a pair of Yoshi slip ons for my bird. They are in beautiful condition, but are a little quiet for me. The burble nicely at idle, but I was looking for something with a little more oomph.

Does anyone have a louder pair of slip-ons they would like to trade? Two brothers would be my preference? Just looking for a straight trade for mutual benefit if we can work it out.

I live on the north side of Cincinnati if anyone is interested.

Dave

I had Yosh's on my bike originally. They were very subtle/stealthy until you had them running at WOT. I have a few people describe them as sounding like a Formula One car when I flew by them wide open.

I have Microns now and I definitely like the deeper sound they make.

I know someone that will be selling a very nice set of Micron black/silver fade duals from his '99 XX very soon...they are the only pipes I've heard that sound similar to the Two-Brothers and look damn good with a black bike...but I think he's looking to sell outright, to finance pipes for his new bike.

You don't need to sell them.. fix them.

Yoshi's are easy to get appart,

and easy to make Louder...

once you remove the rear alen bolt and end cap..

then remove the front alen bolts,

and slide off the canister skin,

Then take some Duct-Tape and rap the ceramic pad as tightly as you can...

then put it all back together.

They'll be louder.

Never heard of doing that before, I'll consider that for sure if nobody is interested in a trade. Thanks!

They'll be louder.

They'll be louder.

Allen bolts, do you mean rivets? I have Yosh's and have never noticed allen bolts.

Allen bolts, do you mean rivets? I have Yosh's and have never noticed allen bolts.

My RS3s are secured with rivets, as well.

My RS3s are secured with rivets, as well.

The yosh's Eric has are allen bolts. The rivets are on the newer cans.

Pictures and PM's sent on trade.

Rob

Rob and I are finalizing a trade now - thanks everyone!

Pictures and PM's sent on trade.

Rob

Rob and I are finalizing a trade now - thanks everyone!

this should make my black blackbird faster having the yoshis on it that came from one of them silver birds!