CBR1100XX.org Forum

Centerstand Bracket

Silverbird2

That is not like the one on Porters (not that it matters). That one looks like it may even be a little easier to make. I like the adjustablility option. Maybe Porter will get off his ass and take a few pics.

The one pictured is a copy of the TiForce- the only difference is that it has a small notch on the top side to clear the spring post. That allows it to be mounted on either side.

I got them and looked at, and already came up with a design that would be much simpler and faster to make and cheaper.

And work better.

I will wait for the template, cause that part would still be the same.

You want to hear or do you like a surprise?

Pics sent to Stan. I pulled it off the bike and made a template and will mail that to Stan.

Thanks Porter.

I got them and looked at, and already came up with a design that would be much simpler and faster to make and cheaper.

And work better.

I will wait for the template, cause that part would still be the same.

You want to hear or do you like a surprise?

Let's hear it. I am sure you came up with something outstanding.

Just went and looked at mine. Stock header with aftermarket vance and hines ss2 pipes. On the right side is a stop for the centerstand. I guess you must have to take that off for the single to fit,,,, right?

You don't have anything to take off if you have a 4-2-1. There simply is nothing there. Maybe Porter will take some pics.

Oh, I forgot that Porter sent you pics and is working on a template of some sort.

You don't have anything to take off if you have a 4-2-1. There simply is nothing there. Maybe Porter will take some pics.

Oh, I forgot that Porter sent you pics and is working on a template of some sort.

What I am saying is my bike has a centerstand stop, on the right side. You saying it is not stock? Looks like the one in the pictures only backwards.

Back to the one I want to build, it should be able to go on either side and be adjustable.

What I am saying is my bike has a centerstand stop, on the right side. You saying it is not stock? Looks like the one in the pictures only backwards.

Back to the one I want to build, it should be able to go on either side and be adjustable.

If it looks like the one in the picture that Porter sent then no it's not stock. Take a pic and let us see what it looks like. The stock one mounted ot the pipe on the left side between the swing arm and the kickstand.

I got it,, Will shoot a picture, maybe it came with the vance and hines. I was having a hard time getting my foot between the pipe and mid pipe when I went to put the centerstand down. Was working on this rear brake problem and noticed the stop. After the talk about this and the pictures I loosend the bolt and adjusted it. It has a tab that should have been against the frame to hold it at the right place but either it was bent or bad.

I am looking for a threaded tube about an inch long. Would rather it be metric around 10 mm threads. Just so it is not a hassle when adjustments are made. Figure to make a template of a flat plate to waterjet with the one hole and at the end weld the tube. I think it will be universal as to the side and will take nothing but wj and weld to complete.

Just need to figure how many to make.

When I get it prototyped I will make a post.

If there are just a few well they may be hand made.

So you are telling me that after I pulled that stop, then pics, you freakin had one :icon_confused:

Jeff has bad karma hangin around....help him out and bad shit starts happening :icon_evilgrin: NBL

Do you still want the template?

It ain't here yet???

yes, send it. The one I have is different. The one you have looks like the best design to start from.

So you are telling me that after I pulled that stop, then pics, you freakin had one :icon_confused:

Jeff has bad karma hangin around....help him out and bad shit starts happening :icon_evilgrin: NBL

That bad karma started when I started hanging out with you. Your not still pissed for breaking your chain tool are you? :icon_whistle:

That bad karma started when I started hanging out with you. Your not still pissed for breaking your chain tool are you? :icon_whistle:

Oh hell yes, I'm still fuming :icon_twisted:

It's gonna cost me at least 10.00 bucks

Oh hell yes, I'm still fuming :icon_twisted:

It's gonna cost me at least 10.00 bucks

Shit that would almost put a gallon of gas in the wing!

Ok, I should have a price today, posted in the for sale area to see how many.

If it is just you Jeff,,,,Its gonna cost you!!!

Allright, fine!..........but I don't have to cuddle with you afterwards.

Ok, I should have a price today, posted in the for sale area to see how many.

If it is just you Jeff,,,,Its gonna cost you!!!

Allright, fine!..........but I don't have to cuddle with you afterwards.

There will be others!!!

for sale link