CBR1100XX.org Forum

Garmin Zumo 550

FYI -

The Garmin Zumo motorcycle friendly (waterproof) GPS is 643 at Amazon.com right now. Includes free shipping.

That's cheaper than PC Nation, GPS Store, BuyDig and Tiger GPS.

• 3 weeks later...

Careful Joel!

For any vendors you haven't used before, www.resellerratings.com is your friend. Camera Addict are a bunch of crooks. Sure, they will sell it to you at that price. Then they will sell you a "shock proof 1 gb SD card for $149 that the 550 "requires" (bullshit)". Then they will sell you the extended warranty. Say no to either, you will never see the unit. This just happened last week to a guy on the Connie board.

Lots of horror stories about them, lots.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Stick with Amazon, PCNation, and some others who actually honor their prices without the upcharges.

I will say the 550 is a schaweeet unit. No reason to buy the 450, although it is a bunch cheaper. The 550 comes with a car and motorcycle cradles, power cables for both (hard wire to m/c power, cigarette adapter, and AC power), and a copy of MapSource so you can customze your routes. The 450 doesn't come with all that.

Waterproof.

Bluetooth enabled

MP3 capable

Comes with Mapsource

very motorcycle-glove friendly

Recognizes difference between motorcycle and auto mount, and offers additional features when on bike mount

XM receiver built in

Traffic alert

I have actually purchased from these guys on two other occassions. During the checkout process I opted out of their "accessories" options and my orders were always received within a few days.

Both purchases in the past were over $300 so for me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them... YMMV.

However, I'm not in the market to spend $555 on anything right now. I just get email notices

from them(along with a dozen other vendors) and remembered this thread from weeks ago so I thought

I'd pass on the info. Do with it what you will.

Fuelie... you think this is expensive, check out the price of the BMW Navigation III .... that sucker is somewhere around

$1400, specifically for motorcycles. :icon_eek: