CBR1100XX.org Forum

Miscellaneous small parts needed

Howdy all,

I recently helped a friend purchase a 2000 Titanium bird from a board member. The bike was reasonably priced since it had been wrecked, but most of the replacement parts needed to get it back on the road had already been purchased and came with it. We've started going through it to see what else will need to be acquired to make it complete and compiled a list of items, most of which could be found at a dealer, on ebay, or from Honda Direct. Before looking into those options though I figured I would post them on here and see if I could help anyone free up a little shelf space in their garage.

Parts needed:

gallery_713_604_8936.gif

From this picture we need:

Parts 11, 12 - in the service manual they call these the inner panels

Part 13 - the little plug under the nose - not really necessary, but if you've got it lying around

Parts 21, 22, 23, 25, 27 - basically these are the nuts and bolts that hold the windscreen in place

gallery_713_604_1327.gif

Parts 3, 18, 19 - these are the front turn signal bulb holder (just need 1) and the pigtails that plug the bulb into the wiring harness (need right and left)

gallery_713_604_4851.gif

Parts 3, 5 - these are the bulb holder for the headlight and the dust boot that goes around it (need two of each)

Parts 7, 8, 9 - these are the bolts and nut clips that hold the headlight assembly to the front cowl (need all of them)

gallery_713_604_1568.gif

Parts 1, 6 - the hardware that holds the seat release lock cylinder in place and connects it to the release cable

Additional items needed:

Tail light assembly from a 97-98 - For whatever reason this bike appears to have a rear subframe, fender, and seat cowl from a first-generation blackbird. I think this will require a little modification of the 2000 wiring harness to connect it to the older tail light assembly, but we'll manage.

Bank Angle Sensor - It seems to be missing. We can jumper it for now, but will need to add a BAS eventually. Also any mounting hardware.

Rear fender from a 97-98 - The one on it is pretty badly cracked. It's most likely salvageable, but if a better one could be had for cheap it would be worth replacing

That's all we've come up with so far. Let me know if you think you've got any of these parts for sale.

Also, on the port side there is a stud that sticks off the frame that a bolt for the left lower goes into and it has a broken-off bolt in it. Does anyone have any advice for how to get it out? There isn't quite enough to grab onto with a needle-nose vice grip.

Thanks a lot,

Chuck

PM Sent.

I think you'll want to use a 99+ rear fender, the 97/98 one won't have the right shape for the various FI components. You're talking about the molded plastic piece under the seat that holds the battery, relays, ECU, etc., correct?

PM received.

Matt, you're right that it would be nice to have a '99 or newer fender to make the interface with the wiring harness and ECU easier, but I'm not sure about how it would work with the '97-'98 subframe and seat cowl I already have. I figured it would be cheaper to get an older fender and get creative with zip ties to hold the various sensors and ECU in place.

PM received.

Matt, you're right that it would be nice to have a '99 or newer fender to make the interface with the wiring harness and ECU easier, but I'm not sure about how it would work with the '97-'98 subframe and seat cowl I already have. I figured it would be cheaper to get an older fender and get creative with zip ties to hold the various sensors and ECU in place.

the seat cowl and sub frame will work okay with the 99 fender, the difference is all in the fender, the ECU is different shape in newer ones and will not fit in the old fenders

check university motors for prices as well.