CBR1100XX.org Forum

'99 Bird in Charlotte, NC

looks like it was dumped pretty good.

Both side cases are scratched up pretty heavily.

New plastics? What's the story behind the wreck?

Ok, I'll own up to it, this is MY bike I'm selling. The previous owner had dumped the bike - once on each side. Can't really tell you much beyond that, other than to say it was only cosmetic. I replaced the upper fairing and the two lowers with some nice used ones. They were somewhat scraped up and there was some custom airbrushing on them and it was going to be too hard to try and match that all up. So, it was easier to just buy some stock black ones. Nothing was bent or damaged underneath - the replacement panels fit right on. There were some other bits & pieces I replaced, including the right footpeg, and the right bar end was pretty gouged up. I got some of the parts from forum members (thanks again guys), including a replacement rear shock.

Anyhow, yes, there are some scratches in the engine covers (mostly the stator cover) but it doesn't take much for that to happen. Take a look at all the pictures in the photo gallery Photo Album for lots of detail shots.

In any case, the bike rides, tracks, and runs perfectly, which is what matters ultimately. Cosmetically, it's nice, but not "perfect" and the price reflects that. If you can live with a few cosmetic blemishes, this is a great deal. If not, it's still priced right and you can use the savings to fix the blemishes and still be ahead.

I'm really only selling because I need the money and the space in the garage. This is quite a fine bike really.

Yip, the bike looked to have been laid down by an incompetent rider, I forgot to post the blog - all the details on condition are here:

blackbird1100xxforsale.blogspot.com

Anyway, the bike looks to be in perfect mechanical shape, (I've seen it w/ fairings off, any damage from the lay-over was limited to the fairing/engine covers only).

I've known the seller for quite a long time and the bike is just as represented. Hell, I was even with him when he bought the bike!

I should add that I originally wasn't going to post this sale over here in light of the help I got from members in terms of parts & information. I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea and feel like I was just using the forum to take advantage of the group's collegiality. That was not the case. I have enjoyed the group and the forum (and will certainly recommend it to any buyer). I just ended up finding a different bike I wanted even more when I went home over Christmas and now need to sell the 'Bird to pay for it and to make room in the garage. I genuinely appreciate all the help (and parts) from members. In light of that, if any forum members are interested in the bike, I'd be willing to provide a "member discount." :icon_dance: