CBR1100XX.org Forum

OK, sorry it took a while, Friday is my weigh in.

Starting weight: 225

Today: 208.0 :icon_dance:

Last night I had a mushroom swiss burger with all the grease.

About midnight I had a buffalo burger patty with a Negro Modelo.

This morning I had a bratwurst (Johnsonville) for breakfast :icon_biggrin:

I fully expected to not get any more hp this month, since I have been out of control and eating whatever I wanted. I went to PJ's last weekend to get a new tire and stopped across the street to get a full kfc dinner. Then I went to the Eddie Money concert and had dinner there before I saw the show. I was also sleepy and had about 3 vanilla latte's throughout the night. This has been my week, so I am really suprised with how it's going.

FWIW, I have put everything into my food counter and I have maintained a steady 2800 or less calories. It took 3 days to normalize my concert day, but I just put food in until I hit 2800 or so, then move everything else to the next day.

It's pretty hard to keep eating, when I know I am already starting the day 500-1000 over billed, but I keep reminding myself that my body needs fuel and will trigger starvation mode if I don't. So I graze, even if I'm not hungry.

I feel great! Riding is more pleasureable, sex isn't nearly as taxing ( :icon_biggrin: ) My pants keep fitting better and better. I have been wearing my "skinny" jeans for a solid month now. I slipped a disk at the beginning of my weight loss and my feeling in my foot is almost back to normal. I even had a cute little 21 year old force her number on me last weekend (she stuffed it in my pants pocket). I told her to behave.

The last time I was under 210 consistently was over 3 and a half years ago. I really see sub 200 in 2 months. The last time I was there was 4 years ago. That was only for a week. Before that, it was ~14 years ago? In the military? I can't remember...

Other hp increases?

I have been seeing Brett drop the wieght over the last few months and he is the thinest I have seen him in 20 years.

I on the other hand have not been trying very hard but since christmas I have lost about 17 or 18 lbs I am hanging around the 178 mark and I am content with that if I lose more great but not going to sweat it.

Glad to see everyone is reaching their goals.

Keep up the good work. :icon_clap:

• 5 weeks later...

Stuck at 208-210.

The first 2 weeks of May, crazy crazy schedule, hard to stay focused. No excuses, it's just life.

Second two weeks, took a look at my nutrition, RDA and stuff, was much more interested in seeing where I was with that. Also, found my blood pressure was trending a little high (145/90) so I did a little research. Began introducing flaxseed oil into my diet. Trying to find a stable base with the added oil calories that still moves down.

Flaxseed oil benefit? Lower bp (131/83 average) healthier skin, less overall aching from joints and back.

Making adjustments to my current diet and moving to a more raw food based diet, at least trying more veggies for now, with a gradual move to more raw ones. Of course I am blowing it out of the water this weekend, just bought a 5 pound pork butt, wondering how best to smoke it... or at least which end to light.

Boiled Rutabaga chunks in the fridge make a pretty good snack food.

• 2 weeks later...
Stuck at 208-210.

The first 2 weeks of May, crazy crazy schedule, hard to stay focused. No excuses, it's just life.

Second two weeks, took a look at my nutrition, RDA and stuff, was much more interested in seeing where I was with that. Also, found my blood pressure was trending a little high (145/90) so I did a little research. Began introducing flaxseed oil into my diet. Trying to find a stable base with the added oil calories that still moves down.

Flaxseed oil benefit? Lower bp (131/83 average) healthier skin, less overall aching from joints and back.

Making adjustments to my current diet and moving to a more raw food based diet, at least trying more veggies for now, with a gradual move to more raw ones. Of course I am blowing it out of the water this weekend, just bought a 5 pound pork butt, wondering how best to smoke it... or at least which end to light.

Boiled Rutabaga chunks in the fridge make a pretty good snack food.

Hehehehehehe He said smoked butt :icon_twisted:

J/K keep up the good work. I lost a little (10 lbs)

• 1 month later...

How y'all doin?

My goal got a little more specific- I'm trying to fit into my grandma's wedding dress by Christmas. I guess that's about the same goal as before, but much more meaningful. No weddings in the future, but my grandma is getting up there (90 next Feb) and I plan on wearing her dress... so I want to make sure that she at least gets to see me in it, considering I don't have any plans to get married within the next few years.

with the WW I ended up dropping about 15lbs total but totally fell off the bandwagon towards the end of the year. Dumped the boyfriend, had to find a new house, finals week was insane and had some other issues besides.

SO... I gained some back, not all of it (thank goodness) and started running. I actually gained a little bit there, too, but I'm guessing it's muscle because I don't look fluffier... in fact I actually started looking better.

Unfortunately I sprained my ankle this past week hiking, so now I'm kind of screwed for a week or two for running. Fortunately I'm still eating well though.

Also, I'm taking rock climbing and a weight training class this fall, so hopefully that'll help me out big time! Getting strength training in 2 days per week will make it much easier on my workout schedule since I'll just have to worry about stretching stuff and cardio on my own.

Brett--- you're doing great! I'm really impressed, dropping that much weight is a real bitch but you seem to be doing just fine! Out of curiosity, how many points do you get per day? I'm at around 20 and find myself dipping into the weeklies pretty often... plus not drinking is tough with my friends/ boyfriend around and alcohol is a LOT of points.

Brett--- you're doing great! I'm really impressed, dropping that much weight is a real bitch but you seem to be doing just fine! Out of curiosity, how many points do you get per day? I'm at around 20 and find myself dipping into the weeklies pretty often... plus not drinking is tough with my friends/ boyfriend around and alcohol is a LOT of points.

Thanks!

It's been much easier than I thought it would be. The Weight Watcher foods help me out a lot, but I need to start getting away from them as they won't always be there. When I started I was 22-27 points I think. I've been staying in the low 20's during the week. Weekends it tends to go a little higher especially the past two weekends between Ed's house, lot's of parties and ACSXXT. On Mondays I'm about 161-162, but by Wednesday I'm back to 157-158. Alcohol is the biggest killer for two reasons. A lot of empty calories and loss of self control. Cut the alcohol and you'll see the pounds disappear.

The one that deserves the big congrats is DBLXX. He's dropped over 75lbs. and looks great. He has a lot more energy than before, and really sticks to the plan.

Wow... Go Dave! 75lbs is a lot... as in more than half my weight! Heh.

I really like the weight watchers foods, but if I go overboard they tend to get expensive. Well, health food in general is expensive!

Wow... Go Dave! 75lbs is a lot... as in more than half my weight! Heh.

I really like the weight watchers foods, but if I go overboard they tend to get expensive. Well, health food in general is expensive!

Ehh not really. I now eat (and drink) a lot less so our food bill has gone down quite a bit. We also watch for the sales and stock up. Stocking up can be difficult for you though with roomies that will dig into your stash.

We also buy a lot of bag salads, around $2 a bag. I get 2-3 lunches out of a bag, and usually top the salad with some left over chicken breast, pork, fish or steak and 2 tbs. of Paul Newmans Low Fat Balsamic Vinegarette. Works out to about a 2 dollar lunch. Go to a diner and it's an $8-10 lunch :icon_rolleyes:

What seems to work really well for me is cooking much more than I'm going to eat (a lot of things are cheaper when you buy a little more, it seems) and freezing it. Only problem is that once the school year gets going, I have a hard time actually finding the time to cook a big meal or three per week, so eventually my freezer stores run out and I'm living off of smart ones again :icon_biggrin: