CBR1100XX.org Forum

14 tooth

OKblackbird

I was thinking of purschasing a 14 tooth front spocket since in my city the speed limit is limited to 25 or 35mph. I know it would really wake the carbed bike up. It feels low on power driving so slow. Will I have to make any modifications other than chain size? I currently run a 16/46. Plan on keeping either a 45 stock or 46 rear sprocket. :icon_surprised:

If you don't want that 14, I'll take it and add it to my pile of gears. I've run a 12/49 on my bike without hitting, but that was on wheelie bars. You can straighten the swingarm out and remove the suspension from the equation, which will make it clear.

If you don't want that 14, I'll take it and add it to my pile of gears. I've run a 12/49 on my bike without hitting, but that was on wheelie bars. You can straighten the swingarm out and remove the suspension from the equation, which will make it clear.

I have run it, but I wa running long travel then and it did rub through the guide. You should know you can trust Furbird on this, so try it.

I have run 14 / 63

Are you guys serious, What for ? Did it do what you wanted it to do ? Im calling BS lets see a picture of the 63t blackbird rear

I have run it, but I wa running long travel then and it did rub through the guide. You should know you can trust Furbird on this, so try it.

I have run 14 / 63

Are you guys serious, What for ? Did it do what you wanted it to do ? Im calling BS lets see a picture of the 63t blackbird rear

Here is the 58, not home to shoot the 63. Now for complete disclosure, I dont run a blackbird sproket, but a custom 530 Krause Racing for a Honda 400ex bolt pattern. All my stuff is billet and over the counter but the sproket and hubs.

post-893-1195528764.jpg

I have run 14 / 63

Here is the 58, not home to shoot the 63. Now for complete disclosure, I dont run a blackbird sproket, but a custom 530 Krause Racing for a Honda 400ex bolt pattern. All my stuff is billet and over the counter but the sproket and hubs.

I believe you, I now remember reading about your custom setup with the Krause stuff,

Your gear ratio's are slightly different due to your car/truck tire's you run ?

I actually ran my 12/49 combo on the bars the last time I went to the track, post I made about winning some money a month or so ago. That was stock rear tire, stock length, stock chain length as well. It will clear for a fact on wheelie bars as the solid strut replaces the rear shock, which allows you to line up the swingarm however you want it (I run mine as parallel to the ground as I can get it, which makes for almost perfect alignment for the chain to have maximum clearance).

12 is the smallest countershaft sprocket that is made. It's been a little while since I checked on it, but if I remember correctly, you can get an aluminum rear sprocket for an XX in as much as a 65 tooth. It is stupid high dollar, and completely useless IMO. With the 12/49, I have to shift BEFORE the 60 foot mark at the track, and the tire is about at it's adhesion limit, and that's with the stock motor with no mods other than the exhaust. I could understand a 65 tooth for a stuntbike, but the XX is way too heavy for full-on stunt use like that (although there is one guy I have pictures on with a stunt-modified XX).

I have run 14 / 63

I believe you, I now remember reading about your custom setup with the Krause stuff,

Your gear ratio's are slightly different due to your car/truck tire's you run ?

No my tires are 24 inch tall. Same as the bike. Off road not enough room to go that fast, 120 max speed, and need the pulling power being in sand.

My street setup is stock to taller 18/43 with up to 315/35/17 tires. Just depends on what I am doing. I also have 12 inch travel in the rear.

Impressing vehicle and a good picture :icon_smile:

Pipes look a little restrictive though. Ever think of using something more open? :icon_evilgrin:

Pipes look a little restrictive though. Ever think of using something more open? :icon_evilgrin:

still was not as loud as a Hardley. Did put mufflers on for the street, ran two bros for a while and then the carbon Microns with 4 to 1 to 2. Going back to the 2 to 1 wth the Microns,as I liked the sound better.