CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dirt Bike Air Cleaner Foam Replacement

RXX

I am getting my old Cagiva fired up for D2 to learn how to ride. It has been sitting for a couple of years, so I get the air cleaner box open to clean the filter, and of course the filter disintegrated. Getting a replacement filter is pretty much out of the question, since Cagiva no longer makes the damned thing, and I don't even really know what year it is.

I am wanting to cut & hot glue some foam onto the existing frame, but am unsure of where to find foam to do this with. Any suggestions??

I will be searching myself, so I may come up with the answer, but I am sure a few of you gurus will help me before I reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance

I am getting my old Cagiva fired up for D2 to learn hoe to ride. It has been sitting for a couple of years, so I get the air cleaner box open to clean the filter, and of course it disintegrated. Getting a replacement filter is pretty much out of the question, since Cagiva no longer makes the damned thing, and I don't eevn really know what year it is.

I am wanting to cut & hot glue some foam onto the existing frame, but am unsure of where to find foam to do this with. Any suggestions??

I will be searching myself, so I may come up with the answer, but I am sure a few of you gurus will help me before I reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance

whats that about?

I am getting my old Cagiva fired up for D2 to learn hoe to ride. It has been sitting for a couple of years, so I get the air cleaner box open to clean the filter, and of course it disintegrated. Getting a replacement filter is pretty much out of the question, since Cagiva no longer makes the damned thing, and I don't eevn really know what year it is.

Thanks in advance

whats that about?

Son of a bitch you're quick! I edited almost immediately!-

I think the dirt bike air filter is a good place to start. You could cut the filter down to be the shape you need, maybe combine two or more, and trap the shape of it with a metal screen. You may need to clue it so you would have to try different clues until you found one that didn't eat the foam. The foam air filter would need to oiled for use and cleaned more often than paper I presume, but its worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

If you know the size of the carb throat you can run some type of K&N...street bike style.

It's only a concern if you get it really wet. (Just clean it ervery so often)

I have had the same filter problem with some of my old project bikes and kids mini's...