CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling a Motorcycle on Craigslist

MrBadExxample

So I'm helping my brother sell his 2004 ZZR600 on craigslist. He lives way out in the country and doesn't have internet access. If you're curious, here's the link - 2004 ZZR600.

For whatever reasons it's attracted all sorts of morons.

One guy sent me an email offering to trade several large trash bags of aluminum cans and little cash for it. I didn't even respond to that offer. Another guy wants to trade some unopened stereo equipment, five Wilson leather jackets, four pairs of Oakley sunglasses, and some mismatched rims. After talking to him, I'm pretty sure he ran a productive fencing operation. Then there was the wack job that could only afford to give me a $200 deposit and $100/month till it was paid off. Of course we wanted the bike once he gave me a deposit. See he's just getting started in the jewelry business, which he ran out of his trunk. A couple of people have actually come to see they bike. Oh sure they have lots of riding experience. Can I just borrow your helmet so I can go for a test ride? Well I actually haven't gotten my motorcycle license yet. Sure, gimme $2800 in cash and sign this bill of sale. You can test ride it for fucking ever. Another dude called me a few minutes ago. He's really wants to get a Harley or some big cruiser, but might consider a ZZR600. Fuck off.

ADMINS: Well shit, I posted this in the wrong forum. It's already reposted in the pub, so shitcan this one. sorry.

Yeah, that sucks big-time. At least people that look on Craigslist know the geographical area the bike is located. I had my ZZR1200 on cycletrader.com. I got two people that were interested, one from New Hampshire, one from Portland, Oregon. I live in Kentucky. The guy in Portland wanted to meet me half way...that's a 9 hour drive buddy...not happening. The guy in Portland was set to fly in and ride it home until he did a "mapquest" the day before he was supposed to arrive. He said he didn't realize that Kentucky was that far away from Oregon. :icon_rolleyes:

I mean WTF, did people not pay attention in Geography class in junior high?

He said he didn't realize that Kentucky was that far away from Oregon. :icon_rolleyes:

That's hilarious, damn thats like a several thousand mile road home, yea no shit...

What's wrong with that? Especially on a ZZR1200. Great way to get to know your new bike.

I used to fly out to SoCal back in the '80's and work there for 3 months or so on Company projects. Always bought a new, used bike to ride while spending the worst of the winter in near perfect weather. Come spring, I'd ride it home if it was a keeper. K100RS, Yamaha Turbo 650, BMW R75/5, BMW R50/2, wish I still had that one, it was white and probably one of about 20 in that color imported into the US. One recently went at an estate sale for 27K, I bought mine for 1900.

• 2 weeks later...