CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fitting new exhaust system

sHoRtY

Hi guys , Gonna be fitting a Akrapovic Street Legal 4-2-1 system ( carbon end ) to my 99' Bird within next few days. Anything ive GOT to change or will it be ok to strap onto a vanilla Blackbird. I know the centrestands gotta come off - no probs there . Any Do's and Dont's would be appreciated , Cheers in advance :icon_biggrin:

yip got new ones, anything else ? Dont have to feck around with the injectors ? ( lol not me a shop ! ) By the way what the hell is the plug on the chain on the 2-1 piece ?

Maybe to do with your O2 sensor :icon_confused:

yip got new ones, anything else ? Dont have to feck around with the injectors ? ( lol not me a shop ! ) By the way what the hell is the plug on the chain on the 2-1 piece ?

Maybe to do with your O2 sensor :icon_confused:

+1

you likely have a O2 sensor...

Not sure about EU or English birds but, here in the US, the O2 sensor did not come into play until 2002 and then, I think, only on California bikes. I know my "01 doesn't have one. Chances are Akro included the plug into the design for those bikes that require it.

I know the centrestands gotta come off -

It doesn't have to come off. I kept my centerstand.

J-Red made brackets to retain your centerstand. Ask if anyone knows if they are still availiable??

I bought a bracket made by Two-Bros Racing about 6 years ago. I don't think they are availiable anymore.

My XX with Akra pipe and still retained the centerstand.

Pic taken April 2001

Image001.jpg

Pic taken August 2005

Image017.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys , gonna fit tommorow . One more thing , i am correct in saying that the only way it straps to the bike is at the head and at the tail with the supplied large oval clip ?

Thanks for the replies guys , gonna fit tommorow . One more thing , i am correct in saying that the only way it straps to the bike is at the head and at the tail with the supplied large oval clip ?

Yes. You are correct. Grouping the (4) head pipes to fit the collector and minimize the contact with the fairing lower may require some adjustment. Mine did and still touched the lower fairing a small amount. I've seen other XX's with more of the Akra pipe touching the lower than mine.

Take your time and make it fit well.