CBR1100XX.org Forum

My recipe for braking

Dr. Ergal

Here I am with my modification at braking system.

It is all started by a present received by a friend of mine...

post-by-371-1191216638.jpg

Of course, it is impossible to install this kind of calipers onto stock forks, so I decided to replace'em with a couple of CBR600F unit (opportunely revised...)

post-by-371-1191217384.jpg

Work in porgress... :icon_evilgrin:

post-by-371-1191217030.jpg

original braking system, at its right place (out of the bike :icon_wink: )

post-by-371-1191217313.jpg:rolleyes:

Replaced also the pump with the one installed onto my old CBR929...

And the final result is... :icon_dance:

post-by-371-1191217591.jpg

post-by-371-1191217604.jpg

General view

post-by-371-1191217785.jpg

post-by-371-1191217799.jpg

Front fender comes from an Aprilia RS125; the right ones is coming by express courier (praying for a soon expedition :icon_pray: )

and this is the view of cockpit; over the seat I cannot see the first 3000 RPM of the clock, but this is not a problem :icon_wink:

post-by-371-1191218829.jpg

And... how does it work? :icon_think:

Fine, really fine: the braking power is a load more than the original and the feeling at lever is extraordinary; simply skimming over the lever I can get an immediate and strong response, maybe TOO MUCH strong, if I exaggerate :icon_think:

And finally, I can exclude the rear brake (I've been running for ten years in circuit: it is difficult for me think to use the rear one) and have all the control in my right hand ! :icon_dance:

Yes, I am satisfied :icon_wink:

Nice job there. I have an Aprilia Mille with Brembos on it. They are definitely superior to the brakes on the VFR & XX. I have a spare set or two of calipers & was thinking of trying to install them on one. I'm told that changing to stainless braided lines makes a dramatic improvement, but it's also a $400 hit to do that. Looks like changing to the Brembos isn't cheap either.

Nice job there. I have an Aprilia Mille with Brembos on it. They are definitely superior to the brakes on the VFR & XX. I have a spare set or two of calipers & was thinking of trying to install them on one. I'm told that changing to stainless braided lines makes a dramatic improvement, but it's also a $400 hit to do that. Looks like changing to the Brembos isn't cheap either.

Good job!

I wonder what's the best straightforward way to improve / changeover the existing system?

I have seen some links...but they all appear custom...like yours. A bolt-on kit would be optimal...again, great job!

A bolt-on kit would be optimal...again, great job!

You're right, but seems that a bolt-on solution does not still exist .

The CBR600F forks are bolt-on regarding steel plates and wheel axle; the problem is about disks diameter, else it should be a fantastic solution :icon_rolleyes: