CBR1100XX.org Forum

Exhaust question

StPeteXX

I purchased my 1997 XX with a full 4-1 muzzy exhaust with a carbon can. I am wanting to either replace the can with a stainless one or return to a dual exhaust. I love the way duals look on the bird. Can I keep the headers and replace the collector so that it splits for a can on each side of the bike? Or do I need to replace the entire exhaust system? The bike runs perfect and there are no issues with it at all. I am looking for a bit of a meaner sound than the Muzzy as offered so far. It might just be more cost effective to replace the carbon can with a stainless. Muzzy has been completely unresponsive to my emails and phone calls. Muzzy has pretty much told me that they do not sell just the cans for the XX, only the complete systems. What were to happen if my can was damaged?

All of the D&D systems on Ebay are for 1999 and newer models. What gives with that?

Sorry if my questions do not make much sense. It's 5:30 am and I have been up all night. Thanks for any suggestions. Since I am trying to save $$$ for a new house, I am of course trying to keep the cost minimal.

Rich

StPeteXX

I just happen to know somebody that has a Muzzy can in aluminum.

The aluminum should be louder than your carbon can, and I can check to see if he still has it. That is, if you're interested.