CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID question

RiffRaff

I installed a set of HID's on my Tit bird last year.

They are wonderful to ride with at night.

However, I am wondering if I installed them properly.

I have what I am guessing is called the igniter (the metal shaft that runs the length of the bulb and connects to the tip of the bulb) facing downward (on the bottom).

Should I turn the bulb 180 degrees so that the igniter will be facing upward (on the top side of the bulb)? The instruction manual did not specify.

Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

-Bryan

If I remember correctly, the metal part goes up. I don't know what difference it makes, but it does specify that.

I was told the opposite. :icon_surprised:

I have seen them installed in both directions with no ill effects but if it bothers you flip them around and see if you notice a difference. :icon_angel:

The bulb's external electrodes on my McCulloch's were forced on top by the indexing tabs on the bulb bases.

They must have added or deleted those tabs on some of their kits because mine didn't have them, I do remember someone asked the seller we got them from as to what orientation they should be in and he replied that the "bar" should be facing the bottom of the headlight enclosure.

I have seen others who had theirs directly opposite of mine and it did not seem any different as far as the light or output as well as I could tell, mine have been in now for over 2 years this way and they still funtction like new. :icon_confused: