CBR1100XX.org Forum

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

ZOOMZOOM

If anyone has any input please give it. i have a 97 xx, with no additional electrical components. I rode home from work this morning and every thing was fine. went back out to get on it, turned the key. NOTHING happened, no lights on the instrument panel, no head or tail lights. but when the key is turned off the clock works then goes blank with the key on. the battery has good charge and all of the fuses are good even the 30 amp under the relays is fine. So if any body can help please do so. or if i need to give you more info tell me and i'll try to. thank you

"update" I found the problem. On the left hand side of the battery theres a junction box of some sorts that you + wire goes to. It has a pink plug on it that supplies the power for the bike. The wiring harnes has melted to the box ( relay ?) has anyone hasd this happen before? if so what caused it and how much and how hard to fix. I know I'm going to have to cut the wires and splice a new plug back on. other than that is there anything else I would need to check out?

There's a ga-zillion threads on this. Infact, there's one on this page, called "Dead Bird". In that thread, someone posted a link to the diagonostic procedures for the electrial system.

Follow those instructions, and if you have any specific questions let us know.

There's also lotsa goodies to dowload in the useful threads section that can help with all kinds of things.

I just went through a similar issue, so I feel your pain.

Good luck

Jay

edited to add link http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=48209

The battery was bought new this spring, Yes I had to pull the tail section. and thanks for the info on the other threads. I've looked at it some more today and I believe it may be a loose connection somewhere, because the dash lights came on and flickered when I was moving some wiries around, now the hard part is finding which wire, I guess process of elimination. but again guys thanks.