CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dead Bird

Mr.XX

Ok, the fates are against me tryin to make it to NEXXT .... first I gotta put brake pads on the front and now today I go to start her this morning and "womp,wompwomp" no go .... battery reads 11 volts ..... I whip out my "trusty" backup battery , DEAD as a doornail

so I needs some help from those who know ....what are the steps to check the charging sys on the bird and how hard is it to replace said parts

I still have my wrecked bike for parts and hopefully that'll work

Ok, the fates are against me tryin to make it to NEXXT .... first I gotta put brake pads on the front and now today I go to start her this morning and "womp,wompwomp" no go .... battery reads 11 volts ..... I whip out my "trusty" backup battery , DEAD as a doornail

so I needs some help from those who know ....what are the steps to check the charging sys on the bird and how hard is it to replace said parts

I still have my wrecked bike for parts and hopefully that'll work

hey ralph,

you need some assistance? I have tools and am not afraid to get dirty....................and I'm still in Valley stream.........let me know..........

Charge the battery on a low amp charger first, and let it sit for a few hours disconnected from the bike. It should read around 12.5 volts. Less, bad battery. Connect it to the bike and read again. Less than 12 volts, probable bad battery, possible short in the bike.

Here is the charging link from the important threads. Charging Link

#1 Fully charge your battery.

#2 Start bike

#3 Place a voltmeter across the terminals of the battery and measure voltage at idle, 3k, and 5k rpm.

If your 3k and 5k voltage is more than 13, you're good to go. Its possible your battery might be showing some age.

I believe the voltage was 12.5v at arounf 4k revs .... bike was how can I check the alternator/generator or regulator

Charge the battery on a low amp charger first, and let it sit for a few hours disconnected from the bike. It should read around 12.5 volts. Less, bad battery. Connect it to the bike and read again. Less than 12 volts, probable bad battery, possible short in the bike.

Here is the charging link from the important threads. Charging Link

thanks for the link ... I'll print this out and check it tonite