CBR1100XX.org Forum

Finally checked Sag

kjclark7

i mistakenly posted this in the pub so i reposted here...

well i finally got around to checking the sag on my bike...its only been 4 years. my father in law just bought a kaw z1000 so we set up his bike then did mine. well the forks and shock are both stock and prior to any changes my sag was 50mm in front and 52mm in the rear. oh, i have the 6mm shim mod in the rear. after adding 4 washers to each side in the forks, i was able to get the front to 38mm sag. the rear i put the collar to the bottom (didn't bottom it out but close) and i got it to 40mm of sag. thats the best i could do with everything being stock. i know i need to upgrade but for now, this is what i have. i didn't get a chance to test ride, my dogs decided to take a long walk through the woods unsupervised and they didn't return until dark. going to take a ride tomorrow and i'll see how the changes went. will there be any negative effects to having the rear collor almost at the bottom? and is adding 4 washers to the front a lot??? i think my winter project will be getting upgraded suspesion...maybe that hyperpro combo kit. reasonable price it seems, any one care to comment...

I finally got around to setting mine a few months ago. I couldn' believe how much difference it made. The sag on both ends of my bike was about 50mm(+/-) too. I was so used to riding it with shitty handling that it almost seems like a different bike now.

well i got to take my bike for a ride yesterday and it felt pretty good. seems to be a little more harsh on bumps but overall a good change. i didn't push it too hard but took some nice twisty roads to test it out. one thing i did notice is when i was leaned over and hit a few bumps in a row, the bike felt a little unstable...it bounced around some. but i am guessing that is because the springs are too light.