CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tank bra info sought

Mach VIII

I'm looking to cover up some rather ugly dents on the tank of the BB I just bought. The worst of them is on the right side, just below and to the left of the wing/Honda decal. The other two are much smaller and I know will be covered by any tank bra.

I see that Lockhart Phillips & Targa each sell half-bras. Can anyone tell me which one will cover more (ie. which will get closest to covering the decals)? Anyone got pictures of each mounted? I did a search here and found some pictures of mounted tank bras, but don't know which ones they were. I'd prefer the carbon fiber pattern (LP only I think), but covering the dents is the biggest priority.

I'm not that interested in the 2nd look & Bagster full covers, as those are much more expensive than what I'm looking to spend on this band-aid fix.

I'm looking to cover up some rather ugly dents on the tank of the BB I just bought. The worst of them is on the right side, just below and to the left of the wing/Honda decal. The other two are much smaller and I know will be covered by any tank bra.

I see that Lockhart Phillips & Targa each sell half-bras. Can anyone tell me which one will cover more (ie. which will get closest to covering the decals)? Anyone got pictures of each mounted? I did a search here and found some pictures of mounted tank bras, but don't know which ones they were. I'd prefer the carbon fiber pattern (LP only I think), but covering the dents is the biggest priority.

I'm not that interested in the 2nd look & Bagster full covers, as those are much more expensive than what I'm looking to spend on this band-aid fix.

Check this thread for a pic with the LP

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...c=47973&hl=

It's not a great pic but for you purpose it will give you an idea of what it covers.

I got the LP if you want it since I no longer use it.

Here's a couple of pictures of a LP bra on a 99. Should give you an idea of what it will cover.

post-162-1188398300.jpg

post-162-1188398271.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of a LP bra on a 99. Should give you an idea of what it will cover.

post-162-1188398300.jpg

post-162-1188398271.jpg

Thanks for the pics. God that blue hawt!!! :icon_drool:

Looks like the bra cover up most of the big dent.

I got the LP if you want it since I no longer use it.

Thanks man. Sending you a PM.