CBR1100XX.org Forum

abs?

Night Ryder

Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum, but I've always loved the Honda Black Bird. With 5 years of experience, I think i'm finallty ready to handle a seriously fast motorcycle. I currently have a BMW R1150 roadster, and while it's great bike, it just doesn't seem fast enough any more. I've grown to really appreciate the ABS my bike has, and I wouldn't own another bike without it. Right now, the only 10 second bike with ABS is the BMW K1200 S, but that's a $17,000 motorcycle! It would be considerably cheaper to go with a good used Honda.

I'd like to know if it's possible to install the ABS system from another Honda motorcycle on a Black Bird. I know that overhauling the entire brake system could be very expensive, but it would still be cheaper than buying a BMW K bike. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Just forget about it......

In theory you could use the VFR ABS, since it also has DCBS, but you need to rewire a lot, use the VFR wheels (or at least the sensors).

This would be so much work and so expensive it's probably not worth the trouble.....

I'm pretty sure its not possible. You'd think the braking system would be separate, but I believe the VFR system (most likely to cannabalize for the bits) actually ties into the ECU as well. Not sharing the ECU, you'd need to be an electrical engineer to rewire the thing. I might be wrong, but I think I'm right.