CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clear 3M vinyl protection and Mototeck Undertail

John01XX

Just had the 3M film applied to the front of by Bird. Nose, mirrors and Front Fender are now protected from bugs and rock chips.

Will gets some pictures posted by the end of the week.

Are you going to start selling it by chance? Where did you get it and what did it run? I was wanting to do that also.

John, I see you had yours installed. I ordered a full kit for my ST1300, but after installing the piece on my tank I gave up on installing the rest. I just wasn't good at it. Looking forward to pics of your install.

Mine turned out awesome. Lifetime guarantee from peeling, yellowing, cracking etc.

Looks like it is not even there. Also had a three inch piece added along the outside edge of the tail cowl where the soft bags rub.

I paid $200.00 to have it done. I could not do it myself. The material alone is expensive so can't afford to mess up.

The guy installing it did not like the size or shape of the piece designed for the front fender so he made a Much larger custom piece instead.

I got it done through this company:

3M Clear Paint Protection Film

Mine turned out awesome. Lifetime guarantee from peeling, yellowing, cracking etc.

Looks like it is not even there. Also had a three inch piece added along the outside edge of the tail cowl where the soft bags rub.

I paid $200.00 to have it done. I could not do it myself. The material alone is expensive so can't afford to mess up.

The guy installing it did not like the size or shape of the piece designed for the front fender so he made a Much larger custom piece instead.

I got it done through this company:

3M Clear Paint Protection Film

Did they have to custom make all of the pieces for your bike? I didn't see Blackbirds listed on thier website. Who actually did the installation?

It was a pre-made/cut kit for the Bird.

It is listed under a 2006 BlackBird.

It is a European based company so many of their patterns are created in Europe.

they were the only company that had the kit pre-cut that I could find.

Turned out awesome. Everyone attending NEXXT will have to check it out.

New Mototeck LED Undertail w/integrated signals and seat lock

2205009mototeck.jpg

Added the Gold Radiator Shield

2205010Gold-Radiator-Shield.jpg

About to Roll the Bird off the Trailer

2205011LeftSide-Profile.jpg