CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork rebuild

porterb123

I have ordered new seals/ bushings/ copper washers and O rings . The oil has not been changed since I joined this forum, so I am going to change out the internal wear items while doing this. I have rebuilt other front ends, but not an XX with RaceTech internals. Is the anything to look out for with the Gold valve setup.

I also ordered the All Balls tapered bearings for the steering stem and will polish the fork tubes while everything is apart.

Clean, clean, clean...make it all clean! I use contact cleaner and wash down the parts. Beware the nasty little sharp edge on the bushing slot on the fork slider. They can make your seals leak. A little plastic wrap will protect. Fill the cupped part of the seal w/bearing grease. You'll need to exercise the the damping rod a few times to get ALL THE OIL OUT.

Just dont let Race-tech know your doing this or they'll try to sell you a flux capacitor for your valves which you could do without but it sure would spark talk in the paddock or down at the poser place.