CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire pressure for racetrack use

Dr. Ergal

This thursday (july the 19th) I'm gonna try my XX on Mugello circuit :icon_whistle:

I'm fitting D208RR.

post-by-371-1183980494.jpg

Does someone of you know the correct pressure? The temperature will be high (33-35°C = 95°F) :icon_confused:

Thanx :icon_biggrin:

This thursday (july the 19th) I'm gonna try my XX on Mugello circuit :icon_whistle:

I'm fitting D208RR.

post-by-371-1183980494.jpg

Does someone of you know the correct pressure? The temperature will be high (33-35°C = 95°F) :icon_confused:

Thanx :icon_biggrin:

I think everyone's too jealous your're riding Mugello :icon_twisted: I'd go 32/32 at the lowest. Heavy bike, long straights I'd also keep em the same at both ends.

I ran 30/30 F/R last year at Road America.

The pro's running the track day said unless you are running michelins to set your air pressure @ 30/30.

I also used the Dunlop but they were called qualifier. I think the are the same tire your using but named different for the different markets.

To be sure there will be tire people there most likely, double check with them.

Have fun & be carefull.

The pro's running the track day said unless you are running michelins to set your air pressure @ 30/30.

Just to clearify,

Pilot powers run 30-32

Power Race run 21-24 REAR only, 30-32 front.

Dion, why so low in the rear? Doesn't that cause the tire to deform slightly at the sidewalls without enough pressure in it?

The power race has a super stiff sidewall and by lowering the pressure to between 19 and 22 in the rear it gives the tire a bigger contact patch thus improving traction.

I run 21 on my fat pig during a race.

Dr do yourself a favor and check with the local tire guy at the track or one of the instructors. they will tell you what pressure to run.

Damn I wish I could ride Mugello!!!! :icon_biggrin:

• 2 years later...
What's the best pressure for the Michelin Road 2, front and rear.

Not circuit, mostly road travel alone. I'm 100kg weight!

Thanks

I am running ~40psi f&r on my PR2's and it seems to work well :icon_surprised:

They were down around 34 f&r when I got them put on and it didn't feel right BUT I am ~135kg's :icon_whistle: