CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone removed their Linked brakes?

Dennis The Menace

The question is...was it worth the effort?

Would you do it differently if you were going to make the swap again?

IMO, yes it was worth the effort.

I'm not a particularly fast guy, far from it, but I did do occasional track days on my XX and rode somewhat aggressively on the street when conditions were right. I never liked coming into a corner with the loose feeling out back of the rear locking or close to locking when hard on the fronts. Giving it a touch of rear brake mid corner also had me worried about washing out the front, though I can't say it ever happened to me.

I know of guys that are without a doubt faster than myself that are/were happy with the LBS. I personally liked it better without the distraction, but that probably says more about my lack of adaptability than any shortcomings of the LBS system itself.

My only experience with Linked brakes was on a VFR and they seemed to work ok. But that was not on the track. Not sure if I would attend many track days with an XX, but I certainly would not want to be scrubbing

a little extra speed off using the rear and have the front come on too.

I read through the thread posted above, but was wondering if there were other calipers that could be

swapped out to avoid drilling etc, I realize that would cost more. I just thought it might be easier to remove

everything and just put in a regular set up.

TSR made a kit to retrofit Brembo calipers, but you're talking major coin there, and I'm not even sure it's available anymore.

XX wasn't exactly my first choice as a track bike, either, but it was a rare enough occurance that I couldn't justify the purchase of a dedicated track bike.

My only experience with Linked brakes was on a VFR and they seemed to work ok. But that was not on the track. Not sure if I would attend many track days with an XX, but I certainly would not want to be scrubbing

I read through the thread posted above, but was wondering if there were other calipers that could be

swapped out to avoid drilling etc, I realize that would cost more. I just thought it might be easier to remove

You do not have to drill the center caliper bores to delink. You can use a small jumper line with 2 banjo fitting to connect the bores. There is or was a kit Jaws?? that had this setup.

You do not have to drill the center caliper bores to delink. You can use a small jumper line with 2 banjo fitting to connect the bores. There is or was a kit Jaws?? that had this setup.

I looked at Jaws kit this year while there. He has a very nice kit now. It no longer uses the short line with two banjo's, instead he now has a small aluminum block piece machined to screw right in. With the British Pound conversion now, remember that everything from England now costs twice as much. Very Pricey