CBR1100XX.org Forum

strange noise

tofastgt

when I'm pushing my bike in my garage I hear a groan off and on from the front of the bike as the tire rotates. It does this when I come back from riding. Only going forward though. Is this normal brake drag noise? Also I noticed a nut on one side of the front wheel hub(passenger side), but the driver's side has an open end tube with slots. Am I missing some part there? Thanks for helping the new guy.

Are you sure its from the front? Did you raise the front and rotate the wheel? Oftentimes as the chain wears there will be a cyclical audio complaint from that area.

If you think its the front, use a thin flat-bladed screwdriver to gently pry the pads back from the rotors and see if the noise goes away, keeping in mind that your brakes will then not work for a couple squeezes of the lever......

Also I noticed a nut on one side of the front wheel hub(passenger side), but the driver's side has an open end tube with slots. Am I missing some part there? Thanks for helping the new guy.

Nope you are not missing any parts, the nut you are looking at on your "passenger side" is what holds your front axle in place. At the other end of your axle is the " open end tube" with a hole thru it so you can slip a punch or screwdriver thru it to remove it as needed. Hope that helps.