CBR1100XX.org Forum

MICHELEN PILOT POWER 2CT??????

dodos-gr

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried power 2ct?

i want to change tires but don't know if the birds weight will be an issue with supersport tires

The MP 2CT do fine on the Bird grip-wise but is a waste of money since the dont last. I've tried them both on a CBR 1000F and the present Bird -97. You will have plenty of grip with Pilot Road II, Z6 and BT021 and by far longer tyre life. If you are going to do track days, the 2CT are better though. It is not easy to push the above mentioned sport touring tyres to lose the grip on roads if you manage to hold a decent line.

yes but are they softer than regular powers in the middle or harder in the middle and regular on the outside?

They are softer on the sides, the middle appears to be about the same as the ordinary MP's.

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried power 2ct?

i want to change tires but don't know if the birds weight will be an issue with supersport tires

The MP 2CT do fine on the Bird grip-wise but is a waste of money since the dont last. I've tried them both on a CBR 1000F and the present Bird -97. You will have plenty of grip with Pilot Road II, Z6 and BT021 and by far longer tyre life. If you are going to do track days, the 2CT are better though. It is not easy to push the above mentioned sport touring tyres to lose the grip on roads if you manage to hold a decent line.

FWIW, I get the same mileage out of the rear Diablo Strada as I do the rear Pilot Power... The only reason I keep running the Stradads is, they have more than enough grip, and last as long as the Powers (although, not as long as the Roads), and they are $25 a set cheaper...

Mike