CBR1100XX.org Forum

97 killing me

hugashe

it all starts with a trip to the shop to get plugs, oil change,air filter, carb and jet check, front and rear tires. when they tell me the bearing are gone in the front and rear. so i get them to ordered. they get in and they are not the problem it is that the rims are wallowed out form being chromed at some point in time. so i get on ebay to find some new ones. ebay sell states they are 97/98 rims. they get in and we put them on to find out that the front rotors don't want to mount. so i look at the rim an it is 98 but it has a stamp of the 12 month on it so i guess it is the 99 rotor that it needs. so i call the guy that sold me the rims to see if he has the rotors to sell me. he tells me that he has some Honda 900 rotors that will fit that rim for the old ones in swap. is this true????? sorry for my spelling hope spell check did its job.

o yea i just got this bike rode it 2 times.

p.s im looking for some rotors if one of you guys have some laying around for sell.

he tells me that he has some Honda 900 rotors that will fit that rim for the old ones in swap. is this true?????

XX rotors don't cross reference with any other bike as far as I've ever heard, and trust me, people have looked.

In other words, no.

I actually have a set of FI (post '99) rotors here, but one of them is a little warped. You can have them for shipping if you want to try and straighten it or just deal with the pulsing until you can find a good set. Lemme know.

I actually have a set of FI (post '99) rotors here, but one of them is a little warped. You can have them for shipping if you want to try and straighten it or just deal with the pulsing until you can find a good set. Lemme know.

at this point i would hate to say no. so plz let me know what the shipping an handling is and your paypal email an i will paypal you.

you have no idea how much this helps. thank you

has anybody else had a similar experiences?

my brother is bringing my new wheels this weekend, which means I will have a 97 wheel available but it doesnt have disks

if it get to that point i will let you know. but i hope it does not. thanks to you guys here at cbr1100xx.org you are the best!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i cant remember if i sent it to you already. but here it is: 5527 split oak ct Tallahassee fl 32303

thanks; Bronson