CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Pump Won't Turn On?? Post undertail...

apexx

I installed a first gen mototek undertail. Put everything together, looks great, everything is plugged in on the relays etc by the battery, and when I turn the key on everything works including turning over, just the fuel pump isn't kicking on for some reason. The only plugs not connected are the two things in this picture, and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to plug them in! Does anyone have any ideas? Please help!!

post-6217-1181082946.jpg

post-6217-1181082955.jpg

I installed a first gen mototek undertail. Put everything together, looks great, everything is plugged in on the relays etc by the battery, the only things not connected are the two things in this picture. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help!!

Check the fuse and bank angle sensor. Pics are awfully small, what was plugged into those before, and why aren't they plugged into anything now?

I believe the white one is the license plate light, and the tail didn't have one so not plugged in until I get that resolved. Is the other one perhaps a service port? I checked all the fuses I could find and all were good, there is a fuse bank and a main fuse, all were good.

Here are some larger pics. It's driving me insane because EVERYTHING else works, just the fuel pump won't kick on. Do you know specifically where the fuel pump fuse is located? On the fuse box none are labeled as fuel pump. Thanks for your help.

post-6217-1181083749.jpg

post-6217-1181083773.jpg

post-6217-1181083792.jpg

IIRC, there's the fuse terminal with all the smaller fuses in it, a separate main fuse under the seat, and another larger amperage fuse on the left side, kinda in front of the battery. You have to remove the tailpiece to see the last one- that may be the fuse for the fuel pump. Sorry I can't be more definite, but it's been awhile and I don't have a manual anymore.

Did you check the BAS? Was that removed or messed with at any point in the process?

Didn't check on the left front, guess I will need to remove the tailpiece. What is the BAS? I'm sorry, don't know the acronym. Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it.

Didn't check on the left front, guess I will need to remove the tailpiece. What is the BAS? I'm sorry, don't know the acronym. Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it.

What Redbird suggested... Bank Angle Sensor.

BAS circled in attached pic.

Holy crap, THAT WAS IT!!! I knew it had to be something simple, THANK YOU A MILLION!!! I really appreciate your help, I never would have found it without you. You are a BIKESAVER!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

BAS circled in attached pic.

Holy crap, THAT WAS IT!!! I knew it had to be something simple, THANK YOU A MILLION!!! I really appreciate your help, I never would have found it without you. You are a BIKESAVER!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Now, head on down to yur local bike shop. And pickup, lockhart phillips part #122-9650 stock wire plugs for your turn signals,and running tag light,so you can unplug them whenever you need to,just like stock.you will see what else you need,when you get them.about 5 bucks each set of two,about 12 dollars total to have ease of removal.