CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone ever adjust their balance shafts?

SR71BLACKBIRDXX

I recently rode a XX with very low miles and it was wayyy smoother than mine. Im about to turn 18000 miles and this one had about 2000 on it. The service manual is kinda vague on this topic. Im not even sure this will help, but it cant hurt I guess. Any tips??

I would think that fuel maps and overall state of tune would make more difference than the balancers...maybe, maybe not.

If the motor has ever been opened up, I'm guessing one or both of the balance shafts were installed wrong. The lower shaft can be accessed by removing the oil pan. The balance weight has a mark on it that can easily be mistaken for the "timing mark". The real mark looks like a dimple made by a drill bit.

This happened to me when I had a shop install my big bore kit. :icon_twisted: The vibration made my old Katana seem like a Goldwing.

If the motor has never been touched, I would check the things that WARP11XX mentioned.

• Useful/Thanks! 1