CBR1100XX.org Forum

Slip on choice?

Rollie

The pipe on the bike now is way too loud for my taste. I'd like a throaty sound but not overly loud, especially at higher RPM. Any recommendations? I have a Borla 4-2-1 system (that's what the guy that sold me the bike said, but the only thing I know for sure is that the headers seem to be good quality and the bike was jetted to match. I 've never heard of Borla exhaust for bikes), so only one pipe to buy (seems the slip on connection is pretty standard, but I'll take measurements to make sure) and I like the Yosh RS3 but would like to hear from you guys. I'm not sure a single RS3 would be enough for this motor. I'll look also into repacking the pipe I have now, but I'm not sure on how to do that cleanly.

A single RS3 can will not reduce the power on the bike if you have aftermarket downpipes, it handles more than 150 rwhp. They come in race baffled or Zyclone versions for street. The race version is quite loud.

I had Yosh RS3 Zyclone slip-ons when I bought the bike. I liked the sound. It wasn't really deep though. It was pretty quiet until you got into the loud handle. A few different people said it sounded like a formula one racer when I went by them at WOT.

I replaced them with some Micron slip-ons and liked the sound better. Very slightly louder but definitely deeper. I roached them in a crash and replaced them with another set of Microns. I really like the way they sound.

Thanks guys. I think I should probably try and make it to a meet to see what's out there and what it sounds like. I just don't want the attention of the whole Sheriff's department when I ride at 12 o'clock at night. Microns sound awesome. I helped a friend install his on a Thundercat, which sounds pretty quiet on stock, and it was a revelation; nice throaty sound, only loud at high RPM. Good suggestion, thank you. I also like their paint schemes a lot.

I had went from D&D's ( about as loud as a straight pipe. Both boomy at low RPM and major loud at high RPM's ) to stock cans for a little while ( is the engine still running ?? ) to a set of Two Bros' Ti C5 cans. The TBR's are a little boomy ( slight ) at low speeds and at mid and high rpm produce a reasonable decibal level. They don't have that tinny shreiking sound upstairs at all. I'm quite pleased with the overall sound, but I don't like the way thay are constructed to hold on to the mid pipe with just a spring. They want to rotate a bit at times.