CBR1100XX.org Forum

I rolled the dice...

Fast Eddy

Well I couldn't bring myself to by another OEM R/R, so I tried the aftermarket R/R and it loks pritty good. :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

I was able to get it for $77 local, wish me luck.

post-5013-1179542178.jpg

post-5013-1179542204.jpg

post-5013-1179542242.jpg

post-5013-1179542296.jpg

That's the same general look of the one I got. Make sure it isn't stickered "CBR600" anywhere. The first one they sold me was, and I took it back. The tech said "they're the same". Hell with that, gimme another one. He did, it was the right one, and I've had no problems with it. Others have had bad luck with Electro-sport stuff so I'd keep a weather eye on it at least for awhile.

Honey Brown is THE BEST!

wondered if anyone would take notice of that...

I put that in the shot on perpose to see what would come of it.

nice, love the honey brown, good brew!

That's the same general look of the one I got. Make sure it isn't stickered "CBR600" anywhere. The first one they sold me was, and I took it back. The tech said "they're the same". Hell with that, gimme another one. He did, it was the right one, and I've had no problems with it. Others have had bad luck with Electro-sport stuff so I'd keep a weather eye on it at least for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, will keep an I on it.

The easiest and best way to improve the lifetime of the RR is to sandpaper the frame and RR backside to get good metal-to-metal contact. Applying heat sink compound on the bare metal surfaces can do some further improvement of the heat transfer capability. The compound layer shall be very thin though, it shall only fill the hair-thick scratches on the metal surface, i.e. one should be able to look though the compound and see the metal when applied. A layer of e.g. 1 mm or more will reduce conductivity.

The easiest and best way to improve the lifetime of the RR is to sandpaper the frame and RR backside to get good metal-to-metal contact. Applying heat sink compound on the bare metal surfaces can do some further improvement of the heat transfer capability. The compound layer shall be very thin though, it shall only fill the hair-thick scratches on the metal surface, i.e. one should be able to look though the compound and see the metal when applied. A layer of e.g. 1 mm or more will reduce conductivity.

Hmmm heat sink compound ya say. can I get that stuff at a good hardware store? or is it a electronics specialty?

You will find it in a store for DIY electronics like Radio Shack. If you tell them you want a compund that improves heat transfer between metal parts they will know.

You will find it in a store for DIY electronics like Radio Shack. If you tell them you want a compund that improves heat transfer between metal parts they will know.

Thanks, hopefully between this compound and the better heat sink on the new one, it will not let me down again.