CBR1100XX.org Forum

Staintune Exhaust

6gun

Hi Guys,

Fitted a set of Staintunes to the 2004 XX from new and they look a treat as well as sound very good. There is a noticable difference in the exhaust note with and without the removable baffles and to me is very nice. The note is very easy to live with when touring and actually gives the bike a deep rumble sound at 100 - 120 kph. From a safety viewpoint I really like being heard in traffic and the Staintunes are not offensive even with the baffles out.

I noticed a big reduction in weight over the standard exhausts and the bike is more flickable to me with less weight at the rear end to flick around! :) The finish is very good and very durable and they look IMHO. I found the idle had to be turned way down after installation which shows how restrictive the originals are. Have not had the bike dynod but it feels much more responsive and I am sure it has picked up some ponies in the midrange.

Overall good value for money I feel at AUD$1000 per pair. :icon_biggrin:

Cheers,

Paul.

The pipes are available for the XX in both oval and round and according to Staintune add around 6HP and 7.5kg weight saving! I can confirm the weight saving.

Some good photos and info on the link:

www.staintune.com.au

They are available in the US I believe. Try www.youtube.com also for some videos of other bikes with Staintune - not sure if there are XX with Staintune.

Cheers,

Paul.

Everything I have ever heard about StainTune is that they are a very high quality pipe with a great sound....

I have the Staintune slip-ons. They are fantastic. They come with a small plug that can be removed from the cans that makes them transform from "neighbor friendly" to "neighbor hates me" in 1 minute. Can't recommend them enough. They are spendy but you get what you pay for.