CBR1100XX.org Forum

M3 tires

The Krypt Keeper

Did a quick search and didn't see where anyone had ran these. Did see a few posts on people running a M1 front and a Z6 rear, and other various combo's but nothing just with the M3's.

I just ordered a set from SWmoto guess i will be the test dummy..

I am running M3's on the Bird now and they are great tires. I used to run a Z6 front and M1 rear but got 2 M3's when my supplier was out of Z6's. Surprisingly the M3 gets almost as good wear as the Z6 and Much better than the M1. I'm willing to trade a few miles for having the handling of a pure sport tire. So thumbs up from me on the M3

Good to hear thanks :icon_biggrin:

My problem is I only get about 4000 - 4500 miles out of a Avon ST rear before its gone, and last yr I got just over 1,000 miles on a brand new ST46 rear before I over cooked it and blued it pretty bad in the mountains. :icon_rolleyes: Whole reason I am going to a full sport tire in both front and rear. I did like the SP49/ST46 combo though.

What pressure are you running? Their website recommends 34F and 36R

I am running M3's on the Bird now and they are great tires. I used to run a Z6 front and M1 rear but got 2 M3's when my supplier was out of Z6's. Surprisingly the M3 gets almost as good wear as the Z6 and Much better than the M1. I'm willing to trade a few miles for having the handling of a pure sport tire. So thumbs up from me on the M3

Why the hell would you run a harder front than rear?

I'm on my 3rd set of M3's, great tires, better mileage than the M1's although it still isn't going to get you more than 4000 miles depending on the style of riding you do. Great in the wet, great in the twisties and in cooler weather.

I run 42 on the rear and 36 up front as I do a lot of slabbing. If you run Metzler sport tires at less than 36 on the front the bike will feel heavier and not as agile. At 42 on the rear I haven't had an issue with traction.

Good tires, I highly recommend them,

Brian

Good to hear thanks :icon_biggrin:

My problem is I only get about 4000 - 4500 miles out of a Avon ST rear before its gone, and last yr I got just over 1,000 miles on a brand new ST46 rear before I over cooked it and blued it pretty bad in the mountains. :icon_rolleyes: Whole reason I am going to a full sport tire in both front and rear. I did like the SP49/ST46 combo though.

What pressure are you running? Their website recommends 34F and 36R

The pressure depends on how I plan to ride it.. For touring I run 40-42 psi rear and 37 front, for sporting I lower the rear to about 38. Tire life as usual depends on your riding, I haven't been doing a lot of knee dragging and throttle twisting lately, so I am going to get at least 4k out of my rear, probably 6-7k out of the front... If I had been riding it harder I would imagine 2.5k on the rear and 4-5k on the front.

The main reason you get more mileage out of the M3 is that they start out with .5mm more tread depth.And whatever reason Metzeler wants to claim.They are also a leeetle heavier for you drag racers.

Well.. If I get 3k miles out of the rear I will be happy.

Hopefully I will have them spooned on for this weekend and will test them out..

I am installing a set on my bird by this weekend also.

Want to see whos last longer?

:icon_twisted:

I've got an M3 on the the front and a Z6 on the rear, and am really happy with them.

I've go M1 on the front and M3 on the rear..... just put the front on, the rear has about 2500 miles on it, should get another 2000 to 2500 on it.. I really like the feel up front. I did have the Avon Viper on the front, did not like the feel of that tire as much as the previous Avons...

Well.. If I get 3k miles out of the rear I will be happy.

Hopefully I will have them spooned on for this weekend and will test them out..

I am installing a set on my bird by this weekend also.

Want to see whos last longer?

:icon_twisted:

Sure...

no drunken see if I can make a smiley face burnouts and stuff though.. :icon_twisted: