CBR1100XX.org Forum

Speedo problem

Hookman49

Ok, first ride of the season this morning and I seem to be having an issue with my speedometer. It seems to work ok and then it will go to zero and back and forth. Almost like when my r/r shit the bed (but all may gauges were doing it then).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

I had an intermitten problem with the speedo light and it was the plug that is on the back of the gauge cluster. There was a build up of corrosion on the connector. Try cleaning the connection and see if that helps.

Hate to tell you this, Ken, but its a low voltage issue. Check the state of charge of your battery, the grounds, and whether its charging or not.

Shit, I was afraid of that. On the way home I tried a few things. I could really make it happen if my rpm's dropped below 4000. Will check the install of the battery. Shit. I have went through so many batterys lately.

Well I went out and checked my connections and the one positve cable was loose :icon_redface: . Bikey all better now.

Shit, I was afraid of that. On the way home I tried a few things. I could really make it happen if my rpm's dropped below 4000. Will check the install of the battery. Shit. I have went through so many batterys lately.

Many batteries on the same bike? Possible stator or R/R problem?

Glad to hear it's all better, hope I'm not making you paranoid.

Many batteries on the same bike? Possible stator or R/R problem?

Glad to hear it's all better, hope I'm not making you paranoid.

Yep I should explain. I did have a R/R problem and that is why I was going through batteries. Changed it with a new R1 R/R. That I hope is all better now too.

Thanks