CBR1100XX.org Forum

Power Commander III Serial Map

Keith

Some months ago, Adam (beondwacko) offered his custom PCIII USB map to anyone interested

in having it. I have the serial version PCIII, but asked him for it so I could see what it looked like.

His bike setup is (was?) Two Brothers exhaust, while mine is Yoshi RS3s. Over the winter, I massaged

the map a bit, as the USB version map has 250 RPM steps while the serial version has 500 RPM steps,

so his map could not be directly loaded into my PCIII. With a little manipulation of the maps, I came up

with a map I thought would be a good conversion. I finally got a chance to try it out last week (long

winters up here in the Sierra Nevada Mountains) and am pleased with the way the 'bird performs with

the new map. It's just a little notchy off the closed throttle position, so I may richen up the 0 or 5 column

in the low RPM ranges, but it's good just the way it is, too.

I thought I'd offer it here in case anyone else wants to try it. There are no warrantees, expressed or

implied, with this map. Use it at your own risk. Yadda, yadda, yadda. :icon_smile:

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to attach the file to this message, so perhaps one of the admins can

tell me how to do it or tell me where to put it so board members can access it. Alternatively, I can email

it directly to anyone who wants it; just PM your email addy and I'll ship it off to you.

EDIT 2: I just figured out that I could upload it as a .zip, so now the file is attached.

Adam_Mod.zip