CBR1100XX.org Forum

car tire on my X

XXSTAR

yep !!

63 years old with over 40 years riding experience and frequently toured the country on Bikes. First time on the Dragstrip tho !

Unfortunately his last ride.

The crash happened within 50 feet of me when I was stopped at the booth picking up my time ticket. a concrete wall separated me from the crash but I could hear the impact with the ground.

Just after crossing the 1/4 mile mark at speed he was drifting toward the centerline, He leaned it away and the flat profile of the car tire caused the bike to violently slam him on his left side like a High-Side type crash. Head first into the asphalt !

This is such a hotly debated topic on the GL1800riders forum, they ended up making a forum just for it. They call putting a CT (car tire) on the back of a Goldwing "going to the dark side"

well I read those posts, theres 10 minites I won't get back..........

ben ben the goldwing man

I have been reading that on the VTX site. there are 50 pages of postsomething like 1,200 replyes. out of 7 or 800 that have put a car tire on would not go back to a motorcycle tire.

there are some that have put 10 to 20,000 miles on with out any trouble. most say it handles better than a MC tire. I think I will wait til I talk to someone in person.

one reason is because I am going to put it on the drag strip.

out of the 20 to 30 pages I have read no one has a conplaint. one thing you have to get use to is it will follow a grove in the road more than a MC tire. thanks for the info, Ron

This is such a hotly debated topic on the GL1800riders forum, they ended up making a forum just for it. They call putting a CT (car tire) on the back of a Goldwing "going to the dark side"

well I read those posts, theres 10 minites I won't get back..........

ben ben the goldwing man

You can read? :icon_shifty:

was looking for pictures over there