CBR1100XX.org Forum

Footpeg and rearset modifications,,,

TexasDawg

I was looking at rearsets and thinking about making me some (real expensive to buy for my usage ) and decided to try and modify my stock rearsets and make me some new footpeg brackets. I think they came out pretty good. I milled slots in the rearset wings and glass-bead blasted them and clearcoated. The footpeg brackets just lower them some and it's more comfortable for my getting-old butt,,,

post-2908-1173627913.jpgpost-2908-1173627943.jpgpost-2908-1173627966.jpg

The footpeg brackets took me a couple of days to finish, but the milling on the wings I did in a couple of hours,,,

verry nice,,,,,,you have a mill????/ I sooo want one. Have some I can use but it is one of the things I want for the shop.

I have been looking to do something about mine. I broke the stock ones, and built plates to mount some cannondale quads on out of two pieces of .25 aluninum welded together. Now that I am not off road I have been looking at some Gilles in gold. I have found a place to get then for 365. Best I have found yet.

Yes, I have a small mill and a lathe also. I think I am going to make some knurled footpegs next. I know what you mean about the prices of rearsets. They are expensive, especially when I know for me at least, they would be just a cosmetic item. I ain't that good of a rider,hahaha! I'd rather spend the money on suspension items. I was surprised how easily the stock rearsets milled. It's just cast aluminum, I guess. The footpeg brackets are forged 6061 aluminum and they are alot harder to cut. The slots I cut are just alternating 1/4" slots and I polished the stock bolts in the lathe,,,

Really like yourmods I was thinking of cutting XX into the rearsets but could not come up with a pattern I liked. Really like your wings came out great!