CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sharkskinz?

bajjer9

Anyone ever use these guys? I am likely gonna replace all my busted plastic with them but I wonder about fit? Parts411 has great prices on em but they say they are missing radiator mounting tab...anyone have a pic of one so I can judge the difficulty of fabbing one up?

Anyone ever use these guys? I am likely gonna replace all my busted plastic with them but I wonder about fit? Parts411 has great prices on em but they say they are missing radiator mounting tab...anyone have a pic of one so I can judge the difficulty of fabbing one up?

I do not have them, but everything I have read about their track bodywork is that it is top-notch. Not heard anything about their OEM stuff.

Since I work for a dealership near a college town, I have seen several parts from them. All of the parts are shipped without any paint on them and you will have to prepare them for painting. You will need to shave for the piece to fit your bike. I have not seen one yet that did not have to be shaved. According to the company, if you shave the piece in any manner you will not be able to return it. While they have a lot of business, it seems strange to me for the piece to not fit without shaving it. Also, some of the pieces cannot be shaved at all. I spoke to a student who had to ship a part back 7 times before they sent him the right part and he was having to pay for the shipping both ways.

Since I work for a dealership near a college town, I have seen several parts from them. All of the parts are shipped without any paint on them and you will have to prepare them for painting. You will need to shave for the piece to fit your bike. I have not seen one yet that did not have to be shaved. According to the company, if you shave the piece in any manner you will not be able to return it. While they have a lot of business, it seems strange to me for the piece to not fit without shaving it. Also, some of the pieces cannot be shaved at all. I spoke to a student who had to ship a part back 7 times before they sent him the right part and he was having to pay for the shipping both ways.

I would say in their defense that their forte is bodywork for the track, not OEM fitment.

I would say in their defense that their forte is bodywork for the track, not OEM fitment.

Exactly... they really are top notch for race plastic.