CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone try a Brake! LED module?

IcePrick

I'm looking at LED brake/taillight options for my '97. The Brake! system, while expensive, looks nice.

http://www.homebody-design.com/catalog/brake/brake.html

And I already bought the turn signal conversion kit from The Electrical Connection.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-...r&sport.htm

For those who have used the Brake! system before, what model did you use? I'm hoping that the largest unit (24-5520, 5.5x2.0 inches) will fit.

Thanks for any input!

Mike

I've got this tailight. It's very bright, and built well.

LED tailight

Have you got the original indicators on the bike with that as well, I like the look of those but West Aus vehicle regs state there must be min ~ 183mm between left and right turn signals :icon_naughty: But there is no reason that it could not be used with the existing indicators :icon_whistle:

LED tailight

Have you got the original indicators on the bike with that as well, I like the look of those but West Aus vehicle regs state there must be min ~ 183mm between left and right turn signals :icon_naughty: But there is no reason that it could not be used with the existing indicators :icon_whistle:

Yes I still have the stock signals. I want the morons behind me to see that I'm signaling to turn or that my four ways are on, please don't run into the back of me

Yes I still have the stock signals. I want the morons behind me to see that I'm signaling to turn or that my four ways are on, please don't run into the back of me

+1 Stay away from integrated lights in the back. While I dont have the stock signals, I purchased some short stalk DOT legal signals and installed 30-led boards to light the whole lens. I also picked up a few things and made my own LED taillight. I got a stock 99+ XX taillight, a '03+ cbr600 taillingt and 3, 30-led boards. I dremeled the upper part to snug fit the 600 led board across. Then cut 3 round holes in the lower for the 30-led boards. Epoxied them all in place and wired it so the upper is the running light only. When you apply the brake, the upper goes to high and 90leds on the bottom come on. @ leds point down for a plate light. I cut 2 pieces of plexi and sealed the back with the connector as a pigtail. Then I painted it flat black to if there is ever a quick look in there, it dosent look as if something has been done. You can do this yourself for less than $50.

Here are some pics (I wired both sigs on for the pic)

XXBRKLOW.jpg

xxBRKHI.jpg

XXSIG.jpg

Nice end result. A lot of work involved though. Being unique isn't easy.

If you think 2hrs is a lot of work..... LOL I usually like making things myself as long as I can meet or exceed quality of items that can be purchased. If it is unique, looks stock and performs better.... even better!

Nice end result. A lot of work involved though. Being unique isn't easy.

If you think 2hrs is a lot of work..... LOL I usually like making things myself as long as I can meet or exceed quality of items that can be purchased. If it is unique, looks stock and performs better.... even better!

If that whole thing only took you 2 hrs to construct, then you my friend should be commended. Good job, and not very much time.

LED tailight

Are they a lot brighter than stock? Does direct sunlight on them affect their visibility?

Yes it is brighter than stock. Not sure about the effect sunlight has on it. I haven't been hit yet so I guess it's okay.