CBR1100XX.org Forum

I'm pissed off at ronayer

Jaygermeister

Oh I’m so pissed!!! They sent me the wrong fairing stay!! To be honest I didn't know there was a difference in the years but there is. It judt sucks I had to take a bunch of shit apart just to find out I got the wrong part. I’ll call them in the morning and I’m sure they will make things right. But you know when your working on a project and you get on a roll and have to come to a complete stop because of something stupid…… It just piss’s me off!!

Can you pick out the differences??

Fuck it I’m going to bed…..just had to vent before I start throwing tools.

post-145-1172035711.jpg

post-145-1172035733.jpg

post-145-1172035757.jpg

Can you pick out the differences??

Damn'it !!!

It seems that the dashboard support is missing... :icon_confused:

I understand the anger: stopping works because of something SO stupid is frustrating, I know. :icon_wall:

When I order parts I order year specific. I ordered by phone and should have known something would be wrong when they got my address wrong. So it ain't me.

I have a 98 and the fairing stay requires the oil cooler mounting bracket in the middle and it appears the 99 and up have extra tabs, other than that they are the same.

97-98 Oil cooler mounting point in the center.

99-03 No oil cooler mounting point in the front but has a extra set of mounting tabs for something.

post-145-1172062980.jpg

post-145-1172063122.jpg

That sucks..........

I did the same thing but luckily I bought the Carbed part for my FI bike. I simply have an extra oil cooler bracket that I don't use!

They need to make the part manuals able to better identify the year differences, maybe similiar to the body color code systems?

When I order parts I order year specific. I ordered by phone and should have known something would be wrong when they got my address wrong. So it ain't me.

I have a 98 and the fairing stay requires the oil cooler mounting bracket in the middle and it appears the 99 and up have extra tabs, other than that they are the same.

97-98 Oil cooler mounting point in the center.

99-03 No oil cooler mounting point in the front but has a extra set of mounting tabs for something.

It school :icon_cool: - From reading the first post I just wasn't clear what egg-zackly was the foul-up...

:icon_biggrin: