CBR1100XX.org Forum

Installing a Factory Pro Jet kit on 97 bird

Moriartii

For those in the know, how difficult is this to do? I have my bike half apart cause of the fouled plugs and it needs a jet kit. From all that I have read I would use the 142 across the board but carbs seem like black magic to me.

Do I need to sync the carbs after ward? Do I have to continually adjust to get dialed in? How hard is it to adjust without taking the tank off?

Kinley

Sorry I am not much help with the jet kit, but i am curious as to what happened that you fouled your plugs?

See my other post re Bird wont turn over. Short of it is I let the battery go flat and only started the bike for short runs, then let it cool. My bike also runs a tad rich so when I pulled the plugs they sure enough smelled like gas. Fouled plugs suck

Kinley

Sorry I am not much help with the jet kit, but i am curious as to what happened that you fouled your plugs?

See my other post re Bird wont turn over. Short of it is I let the battery go flat and only started the bike for short runs, then let it cool. My bike also runs a tad rich so when I pulled the plugs they sure enough smelled like gas. Fouled plugs suck

Kinley

if you plugs are fouling, the thing might already have a jet kit in it... or there is something seriously wrong...

What mods do you have, and all that stuff??

Mike

Do I need to sync the carbs after ward? Do I have to continually adjust to get dialed in? How hard is it to adjust without taking the tank off?

Once you get the carbs off, it's pretty easy. As far as getting it "dialed in", it has been different for different people on here. Mine were "set it and forget it" and it runs perfect. Others chose adjust it many times. I can't see how you could adjust the carbs without taking the tank off but I have never tried.

Once you get the carbs off, it's pretty easy. As far as getting it "dialed in", it has been different for different people on here. Mine were "set it and forget it" and it runs perfect. Others chose adjust it many times. I can't see how you could adjust the carbs without taking the tank off but I have never tried.

Yep... You can't really adjust them without removing the tank, because you need to take the airbox off to adjust the needle position, and although I've never tried, I suppose you may be able to take the bowls off without removing the airbox and carbs from the engine...

BTW, get your bike right, as far as plug fouling, before you do this... It's MUCH easier to troubleshoot one thing at a time...

Also, for Travis's bike, with the Muzzy 4-1 Ti header, and the D&D can, exactly what Factory Pro had in the instructions for that setup was correct... We did raise the needle one more notch than the instructions said, and I think it was a little bit fat in the midrange because of it, but it still runs very well...

Mike