CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake rotor torque values....HELP!!

RXX

I am about to replace rotors, but can't find the torque values in the service manual. Any help?

Also, there was RED loc tite on the old one. Think BLUE (medium) will do OK?

Thanks for your help!

By the way, I checked the thickness by using my dad's micrometer I inherited. Never used it before, and I assure you, it was a very very special time for me.

'

Miss you, Dad!

I am about to replace rotors, but can't find the torque values in the service manual. Any help?

Thanks for your help!

By the way, I checked the thickness by using my dad's micrometer I inherited. Never used it before, and I assure you, it was a very very special time for me.

'

Miss you, Dad!

It said in my manual 20 ft lbs or 20N :icon_razz: it says in the manual to replace them because threy come from the factory with their own loc tite apllied to them.I am sure if you use the red you will be fine.by the way I looked up the cost for new bolts $2.60 ea.x 12 $31.20 ouch.

The front rotor bolts torque to 14 ft/lbs. The rear rotor torques to 31 ft/lbs. I use blue (medium strength) loctite. The red stuff is permanent. The torques are shown on the front and rear wheel pages in the Honda manual.

The front rotor bolts torque to 14 ft/lbs (20nm). The rear rotor torques to 31 ft/lbs (42nm). I use blue (medium strength) loctite. The red stuff is permanent. The torques are shown on the front and rear wheel pages in the Honda manual.

+1 Yep my 97 Honda manual states the same :icon_think:

The front rotor bolts torque to 14 ft/lbs. The rear rotor torques to 31 ft/lbs. I use blue (medium strength) loctite. The red stuff is permanent. The torques are shown on the front and rear wheel pages in the Honda manual.

Well, duh.....I guess I should have looked in the wheel section for information on FUCKING BRAKES!!

FWIW, the red may be permanent, but the screws came right out. I will install tomorrow. Thanks so much guys.

Thanks for your help!

'

Miss you, Dad!

It said in my manual 20 ft lbs or 20N :icon_razz: it says in the manual to replace them because threy come from the factory with their own loc tite apllied to them.I am sure if you use the red you will be fine.by the way I looked up the cost for new bolts $2.60 ea.x 12 $31.20 ouch.

Sorry meant to say 14 ft lbs , my bad

FWIW, the red may be permanent, but the screws came right out.

I know the thread locker from Honda is red colored, but I don't think it is "red locktite". That shit sets up like iron.