CBR1100XX.org Forum

Forks spring brands

mbarr78

I hope I don't offend anyone by revisiting this issue but I searched it and couldn't find the exact answers I am looking for.

I am going to buy new springs for the forks. Springs and oil only I am poor. :icon_sad:

Got the bike apart in the garage and decided to go ahead and do the springs but not sure what and where to go.

What brands are available: Hyperpro, Racetech others?

What is the cheapest yet quality springs out there?

Also of the reccomended brands where on the web is the best/cheapest place to purchase.

I appriciate all comments and help.

Thanks Guys

Mike

I hope I don't offend anyone by revisiting this issue but I searched it and couldn't find the exact answers I am looking for.

I am going to buy new springs for the forks. Springs and oil only I am poor. :icon_sad:

Got the bike apart in the garage and decided to go ahead and do the springs but not sure what and where to go.

Also of the reccomended brands where on the web is the best/cheapest place to purchase.

Thanks Guys

Mike

Ask user "Helvet" in this forum, he is a Hyperpro representative and a trusty guy to do business with.

Thanks Guys

Mike

Ask user "Helvet" in this forum, he is a Hyperpro representative and a trusty guy to do business with.

This is true if you live in Europe, but in the 'states, you've either got to go through hyperprousa.com (price-wise), or through any of Race-Tech's distributors (basically, anybody who sells from Parts Unlimited)... In fact, Louie (Partmonster) has set up a 15% discount for cbrxx.com members on his website (check the "other" 'bird forum for details)...

In my talking to Hyperpro on front springs to complement the Type 41 rear shock, their tech guy said that if you're going with linear springs in the front, Race-Tech was among the best...

From what I've researched, the type of springs you get depends on what you want... Progressive springs (hyperpro) are good at being soft on the highway and such, but not so good at soaking up mid-corner bumps when you're hauling ass throught he twisties, and linear springs (race-tech, ohlins, etc) are a little harder just running down the highway, on small bumps, but soak up mid-corner, and larger bumps better... It's all in what you want, really...

Generally, though, anything is an improvement over stock...

Mike

I puchased 100 mm over length springs and 100 mm shorter spacers from Jaws in England. I also bought pre-load adjusters from him. About $430 Can $'s. I have also order a new Penski 8389 rear shock. I haven't had them installed yet, will do that in Feb. At 102,000 kms it was time for a rebuild. I can't comment on any other products. Olhins was bit too spendy for me and probly my riding style. Now I'm searching for a braided clutch/brake lines. If you visit the Brit Bird site and enter Jaws, he is knowledgeable re all things BlackBird and a very nice man to boot.

Thanks Guys

Mike

This is true if you live in Europe, but in the 'states, you've either got to go through hyperprousa.com (price-wise), or through any of Race-Tech's distributors (basically, anybody who sells from Parts Unlimited)... In fact, Louie (Partmonster) has set up a 15% discount for cbrxx.com members on his website (check the "other" 'bird forum for details)...

In my talking to Hyperpro on front springs to complement the Type 41 rear shock, their tech guy said that if you're going with linear springs in the front, Race-Tech was among the best...

From what I've researched, the type of springs you get depends on what you want... Progressive springs (hyperpro) are good at being soft on the highway and such, but not so good at soaking up mid-corner bumps when you're hauling ass throught he twisties, and linear springs (race-tech, ohlins, etc) are a little harder just running down the highway, on small bumps, but soak up mid-corner, and larger bumps better... It's all in what you want, really...

Generally, though, anything is an improvement over stock...

Mike

That is correct. Due to price-politics in the USA it is no use for me trying to sell there. You got about the same consumer-price there as my wholesale-price..... :icon_eek:

I also sell WP, Öhlins, HK, Wilbers, Technoflex..... (same deal...)