CBR1100XX.org Forum

front springs

Canadian Bird

The two sets I have here are both 238mm, I did check. I suppose that wasn't a large enough sampling. BTW, I can say you have a way about you that makes going to the trouble particularly rewarding. :icon_confused:

What's your source for the info on the springs being progressive? I've seen dual rate springs refered to as "progressive" before, but it's not always the case.

I just happen to have my forks in the garage apart changing the oil and one spring measures 237mm the other 238mm. Both are stock Tim you win looks like mine are basically the same as yours.

Mike

The two sets I have here are both 238mm, I did check. I suppose that wasn't a large enough sampling. BTW, I can say you have a way about you that makes going to the trouble particularly rewarding. :icon_confused:

What's your source for the info on the springs being progressive? I've seen dual rate springs refered to as "progressive" before, but it's not always the case.

My source is Jaws from which I purchased a set of overlength springs, spacers and preload adjusters. However, that being said, I'm not interested in a flame up. I'm having the front suspension rebuilt and I haved ordered a Penske rear shock to complete the package. Sorry if I confuse you does this mean you don't want to have sex? The new spring are, as far as I can determine, are 100 mm over. I've 102,000 kms on an '02 Bird and it's time for new suspension. Cheers

I've no interest in a "flame up" myself. My inquiry into your source was purely practical. Others read these threads as reference and erroneous info posted here may affect someone else down the line. A simple statement such as "Front spring are 234mm and are progressive" might be taken as fact by someone reading this as you stated it without any qualifiers such as "a source from an entirely different market tells me...." or "I've been informed...".

As far as my other comment as to the rewarding nature of this exchange, that was based your rather brusque nature. It's possible you're just the direct type, but when all I've seen is a demand for more info and then a post telling me I'm incorrect anyway it does make me wonder why I bothered in the first place. Maybe that's just your style, no harm done.

As for the rest- I'm not confused, I know the exact length of the springs, measured them myself. And I would like to have sex, just not with you. :icon_wink:

Enjoy your new suspension. At that milage (kilometerage?) you're gonna feel a huge difference if this is the first time you've addressed it.