CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yoshi RS3..

pace

Installed my RS3 and ZG Double-Bubble screen last weekend. Looks great, sounds even better. The Yoshi pipe has a deep tone off idle, but the increased volume level is not intrusive at speed. I should have weighed the RS3 system before fitting, but it felt as though it weighed half the stock system, if not less.

The ZG screen improves the looks of the bike, but honestly doesn't provide a huge amount more wind protection. I guess I'll buy a second 'touring' height screen to throw on for long distance rides.

Sorry for the picture quality. It's real bright outside today.

yoshi1.jpg

yoshi2.jpg

yoshi3.jpg

-Pace

I purchased from parts411 - I think the price was about $640 plus shipping, which seemed like a good deal for a 4-2-1 full system. I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

I'm very pleased with it. Initially I was shocked by the increase in volume (versus stock), but its really only noticeable off idle where it has a nice deep tone. The only time I notice it moving at speed is when cracking the throttle open at high rpms - especially if I'm in a built up area. Then it sounds like a formula one car bearing down on you.. :grin:

The worst part of the install was getting the new headers located in the block. I had several of the studs back themselves out when pulling off the OEM headers, and that makes re-installation a little trickier. I note that the Yoshi also has a stay/rest for the center stand, which is a nice touch (not that I have a center stand, but if I did..)

I've had several people comment positively on both the look and the tone. I'm trying to stay under the radar of my neighbors though..

-Pace

it sounds like a formula one car bearing down on you..  

Thats exactly how my friends describe mine. They say its really quiet until I get in it...then it sounds like an Indy Car.

MyXXleftside2.jpg

leftrear2.jpg

Left it as-is actually. I had a big fat rich spot at 3k before, and it didn't go away with addition of the Yoshi as I was hoping it would. However, I might be a little leaner on top now. Hard to tell, honestly. I'll take it down to the drag strip one more time and see if my traps have changed at all.

Anyway I need to pull yet another washer out of each needle to cure the low RPM bog. I may then go up from #140 to #142 on the mains. But with winter approaching fast, I may just wait 'til the spring and then have the bike professionally jetted at one of the shops in Denver.

-Pace