CBR1100XX.org Forum

Foot Pegs

cecome

Anybody done mods for touring on the foot pegs.....Ride a 97 today and rode an 02 on the weekend...different pegs....much better feel on the 02..anyone made a mod they are proud of for touring????

+1 on the Buell XB-9 pegs - lowers about an inch, but feels SOOOO much more comfy... Cheap, and they take some grinding to fit, but well worth it...

search for "buell pegs" (leave the quote marks in the search form), you'll find lots more about it..

Anybody done mods for touring on the foot pegs.....Ride a 97 today and rode an 02 on the weekend...different pegs....much better feel on the 02..anyone made a mod they are proud of for touring????

They should be the same pegs if they are stock, same part # according to Ron Ayers, maybe it was because your 97 ones are worn as I noticed looking at the pics in some of the threads that the "ribs" on the pegs are quite high but on my 98 they are nearly flush with the bottom part of the rubber foot :icon_think:

Buell XB rider pegs.

Best bang for the buck. 26 bux a set from the Hardley/Buell Dealer.

:icon_wink:

There was a thread on using Buell Ullysses pegs as well on VFRD but I can not find it as they had a problem with being hacked recently and seem to have lost a lot of data :icon_think:

They should be the same pegs if they are stock, same part # according to Ron Ayers, maybe it was because your 97 ones are worn as I noticed looking at the pics in some of the threads that the "ribs" on the pegs are quite high but on my 98 they are nearly flush with the bottom part of the rubber foot :icon_think:

Pegs on the carbed (97,98) and injected (99 and up) are different. Carbed model rubber inserts are higher and have a different pattern.

Pegs on the carbed (97,98) and injected (99 and up) are different. Carbed model rubber inserts are higher and have a different pattern.

Thank you for the confirmation...I have seen and ridden them both and know there had to be a difference once I looked them up online.

This is the article I mentioned from VFRD that I borrowed :icon_wink:

[attachmentid=5596]

Thank you for the help on this...I am 6' 2" and it will really help...looks like lots of guys use other pegs but these look like they are well worth a try if you don't have a grinder like me. I have an old buddy who is going to do the install.

Thank you for the confirmation...I have seen and ridden them both and know there had to be a difference once I looked them up online.

This is the article I mentioned from VFRD that I borrowed :icon_wink:

[attachmentid=5596]

Thank you for the help on this...I am 6' 2" and it will really help...looks like lots of guys use other pegs but these look like they are well worth a try if you don't have a grinder like me. I have an old buddy who is going to do the install.

After looking I see the pegs these are compared with are from a 99 or newer. They Buels are probably the same size as my 97's are now!!