CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fouled plugs?

phoenixx

My '97 was wrecked a year ago. I bought it back from insurance & made it my project. It laid on it's side for about an hour while the towing co. got it out from under the cage. When I started it up later, it belched out blue smoke then cleared up and ran fine. It sat for a few months before I did anymore work on it. When I started it again, it ran really rough. I pulled the plugs & they all appeared to be fouled. I assumed it was from the oil that had seeped in while it was down. I replaced the plugs & drained the old fuel. It started and ran great. I took it for a 10 mile ride with no problems. Now, its acting like it has fouled plugs again.

Ideas?

Thanks for the threads. I'll stick a new set of plugs in ... again. I'm just concerned as to why they fouled so quickly. Maybe there was more oil lurking in the cylinder heads than I thought. This time, I'll take it for an hour or so run to make sure any residual has been burned out.