CBR1100XX.org Forum

Interchanging CBR1100XX Parts

CHEMIST

I just purchased a 2002 CBR1100XX at a bank sale and I need to find out what what parts are interchangable with other years. It needs a front rim, rotors, calipers, brake lines, forks, triple tree, clip ons, brake master, rear rim, rotor, sprocket, rear master and lines. Basically a complete front end and rear wheel assembly and anything to do with the braking system. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ryan

I just purchased a 2002 CBR1100XX at a bank sale and I need to find out what what parts are interchangable with other years. It needs a front rim, rotors, calipers, brake lines, forks, triple tree, clip ons, brake master, rear rim, rotor, sprocket, rear master and lines. Basically a complete front end and rear wheel assembly and anything to do with the braking system. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ryan

Exactly why did you buy this?

Ryan

Exactly why did you buy this?

I was thinking the same thing, sounds like he has one hell of a project ahead of him! Good luck.

Ryan

No sweat , your best freind is going to be E bay. As we speak there is someone parting out a whole XX on there right now.

I have put together a couple of bikes this way...before ebay came along, building a bike, or finding used parts, was a fucking nightmare.

Just take your time and buy right. Don't bid the hell out of things, there are always more parts that come up for sale.....that being said, don't bid to early either. Wait till the last 60 seconds before putting in ANY bid at all.

Barring that, have a look on this site. There are lots of parts for sale, and the guys/girls here can be very helpfull.....that is unless you piss them off, or try to fuck their mother.........good luck

Look for scratches or any dents/bends in the frame. If you see anything - part out the bike.

Next make sure it starts and runs. No reason to go down a dead end road.

Now have an expert check out your junk pile. Take all the broken crap off. Better to pay a few bucks now.

I assume the plastics are all gone too. Tank? Seat? Controls? Case covers?

You may need more $$$$ in parts than a low miles clean used bike.

Look for scratches or any dents/bends in the frame. If you see anything - part out the bike.

Next make sure it starts and runs. No reason to go down a dead end road.

Now have an expert check out your junk pile. Take all the broken crap off. Better to pay a few bucks now.

I assume the plastics are all gone too. Tank? Seat? Controls? Case covers?

You may need more $$$$ in parts than a low miles clean used bike.

The rest is fine. I restore motorcycles, I've just never worked on a Blackbird before.

Ryan

Before eBay there was hotlines part locator, it linked all the salvage yards acrossed the US together. For the most part I think eBay has killed that business but from time to time you could get good deals between shops, but by the time the part got to the consumer it was 50 percent of retail. Fortunately the shop I worked at had hotlines and I got some smokin deals on hard to find parts for my old hurricane 1000's!

You can always look in the back of the m/c magazines for Steve's Cycle in Tifton GA. They had the right front rotor for my '02 XX after I killed a dog last April. 1/2 what a new one cost new :icon_dance: and had the same amount of wear according to my micrometer.

I have a complete rear rim and a 97/98 front if you're interested. The early rim will work but you need to use the early rotors. I should have a M/C laying around too.